Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Issues with no registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsadan, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsadan

Starting about a week ago my 3CX system loses registration with my VoIP Provider. I checked with them and everything is fine on their side.

Things i've currently tried:
    backing up and restoring 3CX (resolved some limit issues ive had in the past. so gave it a shot) No luck
    uninstalling and reinstalling 3CX (still no avail)

Current changes ive made.
    Ive added the public IP into the Network tab. Dont think this would cause the problem.
    Setup an external extension phone.

Any ideas why this error would occur?

Here is what event viewer is telling me.

Description: [CM104001]: Registration at 'lax.teliax.com' failed Host 'sip:(username)@voip-co4.teliax.com:5060' is not available!

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    I expect to see Host only 'voip-co4.teliax.com' here :roll: Usually, to check if a host is reachable, try a ping to it.
    Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

As Vali said the PBX is screaming that they cannot reach the voip provider at that specific address, ask if they have another one a stronger one maybe that you can change to. If they say its not the issue try ping it as soon as you cannot register with it and see if its available at the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jsadan

Thank you Mark and Vali,

I had our provider switch it to Los Angeles instead of colorado yesterday. Checking the event viewer it was a lot more solid. Instead of failing 12-16 times it only went out 6 times. I will try pinging next time it goes down.

latest log

Code:
    06:26:13.953  [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 96.9.132.83:3478 over Transport 192.168.10.202:5060
    06:20:39.312  [CM504007]: Next attempt to register 10001@lax.teliax.com is scheduled in 10 minutes
    06:20:39.296  [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 10001@lax.teliax.com; Cause: 503 Service Unavailable; warning: ; internal

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Be careful, 503 error may also means the port is not good, not only the host. In such case, better than ping - which check only for hostname - a better test is a telnet to the specified host and port, in our case to lax.teliax.com 5060.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.