Solved Issues with public DNS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Shane_Blackwell, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane_Blackwell

Hello all,

I'm back, this time it's an issue with the public FQDN not resolving to my new fixed public IP I managed to sort.

Previously I was using the 3CX STUN with the Dynamic Public IP, but I changed it to the Static Public IP address and it fails to resolve the FQDN but if I enter the external IP it works fine. I've restarted the services and then server but still no joy.

I've moved from a hosted system to running the machine on a VM on my laptop, so I can test regardless of internet connection.

So I know the IP address and routing are all fine however I don't understand why the DNS part is failing.

Any tips or advance is greatly welcome at this point.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Shane_Blackwell

Are you using a 3CX FQDN or your own? Does the FQDN still resolve to the old public IP or it doesn't resolve to anything?

3. Shane_Blackwell

Sods law, the issue has resolved itself with no changes, it now resolves the FQDN to the static IP and routes to the PBX fine. Sorry to waste your time.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Not a problem at all :).

To be fair, the 'culprit' may have been the the TTL of the DNS entry and/or the DNS propagation time. Default TTL for all non-Enterprise License Keys is 6 hours, so a bit of waiting may have been needed.

Anyway, locking the topic as it was solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.