Issues with two cellulars with ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rock9, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock9

Hi all,

This is my a problem : I configured a IVR, the 2 key redirects me to a call group composed of 2 cellulars. However, if a cell is closed, it falls on his voicemail: so the call to the Ring Group stop. Similary if a cell resfuses the call,it falls directly on his voicemail as he should continue to ring on the other cell.
    I did some tests between two 3CX SIP phone, then a SIP Phone and a cellular and it works perfectly.
    I have the DEMO licence Key.

Anyone have a idea ?

Regards,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the call is going out over VoIP trunks to two mobiles, then the "answer status" is passed back to 3CX. It will see a call answered even if the call ends up going to the mobiles voicemail. 3Cx will see that as the call being answered, as far as it is concerned, it doesn't need to continue ringing elsewhere, someone has taken the call. That's the way it works. the only way "around" this is to eliminate the mobiles voicemail, or, extend the ringing time before the call goes to VM long enough for the other person to answer the phone. Refusing the call and sending direct to VM is considered answered as well.

3. willow

willow Member

leejor is correct, on just about any system, that is the way that it works, unless the system has an answer guard for forwaring like the avaya systems do. A way around it would be to use the 3cx mobile apps if the mobile is supported of course.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rock9

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers ;)

Best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.