• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Issues with Yealink W52P

Status
Not open for further replies.

acit1

Reaction score
Hi
Im having issues re-provisioning a pair of Yealink W52P devices, Im running on 15.5.
The devices originally provisioned OK, both on the same extension, however the customer changed his mind and wants them both to have new extensions so they could be moved into 2 new offices.
I tried simply changing the extension in 3cx, but the phones wouldnt swap over.
So I rebooted the phones, still no luck.
I then factory reset the phones, and they still wont pickup the config file.
I can view the config file fine in a browser.

I have tried removing and readding the extensions, I have removed and readded the DECT setups.
Ive rebooted the server, Ive factory reset and firmware upgraded the phones multiple times.
But they will seemingly not read the config file at all.
Ive copied the config file to a webserver and have tried to get the phones to pull from there - still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Run a pcap on the PBX, and check if the provisioning request comes in.

Not a solution but a workaround: if you can access the config file in the browser, just save it as .cfg and inmport it manually into the phone.

Hello @acit1

Are you using the latest supported firmware(you can find them here)? How were your devices provisioned(STUN, Local,SBC Remote)?

Thank you

Last edited:
Not a solution but a workaround: if you can access the config file in the browser, just save it as .cfg and inmport it manually into the phone.

Thanks tvdir - this worked perfectly. Im assuming an issue with the phones rather than 3cx, but the customers not going to pay for me to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.