It seems there is an account name / password problem.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by j_friedrich, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j_friedrich

Hi.

"It seems there is an account name / password problem."

Come on guys. We are following the the Skype gateway tutorial to the letter and we are getting these issues... We have looked at the account generation and everything else. The new gateway has some options that are even addressed in the online faq. Help us out and update your step by step instructions. We are looking to implement this and are looking for a little help. Sorry for the frustration. We just want to get this up and running.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Jason

2. sipero123

Hi,

Can you tell me what you are seeing. Does the monitoring program show that the 3cx server is accessible and is skype also accessible.

Did you have any issues when installing skype and does that sign in ok when you try try independently?

What OS of windows are you running and briefly what is spec on the machine this is running on? I assume the 3cxskype gateway and the 3cx pbx are both running on the same machine.

Jonathan Hamon

3. j_friedrich

Hi.

The 3cx monitor starts up fine and creates the windows user account. I put in a passowrd and then the config goes to the second step which is port configuration. It's at that point that the error "It seems there is an account name / password problem." It then asks if I want to fix the problem. Saying YES, brings the initial opening screen back for the windows user account and password. The 3cx monitor is stuck in this loop of creating windows user accounts / password - then port config then back again because of the 'password" issue.

3cx server and skype are accessable. No problem installing everything including skype. We are running a quad-core with windows 2003 server small business edition.

Thanks for everyone's help.

4. Pathfinder77

Is there a solution for this problem?
    I have exactly the same problem.

5. sipero123

Hi,

Are you running as Administrator or a user in the Administrator Group?

When installing the gateway have you amended the user that the gateway wants to create or just accepted the default?

Please also check this user does not already exist?

Jonathan Hamon

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

this issue was know on some PC in an older Version of the Skype gateway.
    Witch Version are you using exactly?

Plz Uninstall your gatewway fully (make sure that users and folders are removed).
    Then install the new Version and let me know
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXGatewayforSkype2.msi

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. j_friedrich

Hi.

Everything is the latest. Server 2003 SBS with all the updates and the latest 3CX Skype client. We are logged in as the administrator. The user account is created and whatnot.

Thanks for the assistance.

P.S. The client works fine on a Vista 32 ultimate box, just not the server 2003.

Thx

8. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

i will review the issue on a DC.
    Maybe the user can not be created due to Domain Policys.
    I will come back to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Jason,

i have check it and due to on a DC are no local users the 3CX SkypeGateway can not connect to the users in the AD.
    At the moment there is no work around to provide you with to run the gateway on the same DC. You can install the Gateway
    on an other PC (VMs does not work, missing audio recored function) and send the data to the 3CX Phone System.

We will speak about to add an API to talk to AD for the final version, but i can NOT promise if we will do so.
    Sorry for now.

Stefan

10. j_friedrich

Hi.

Thanks for the info. We will keep up to date with you guys on your 2003 server api.

11. moletronics

Hi All,
    I any updates on this issues? I am hitting the same problem.
    I am using Windows Home Server, no AD, all users created are local.

Thank you in advance.

12. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    No, there is no update regarding running gateway on DC servers - when one will be available, we will announce it.
    Regards
    vali

13. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Hi! I have the same problem on my Windows Home Server! No solution at this time. Please help.

14. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

To be honest, I don't remeber a company where I would be able to sit on my computer and create by myself my own user account into the company's domain - and it would be quite weird to allow a program to automatically create, delete and manage accounts into a domain (I dont' know if our network admin would let me run an application which creates any 20 skype random users accounts on our domain :mrgreen: ) Using only local, not domain, user accounts, has a quite precise purpose, say "do what you want on your computer, crash it, viruse it, slow down it, but don't affect others".

We'll see, in my opinion this is a problem much beyond implementation, due to its security implications, overall all of us needs SIP-Skype communication, not security troubles.

vali

15. igor.snezhko

Vali, please take your attention on gateway setup on Windows Home Server. I tried all, but I receive the error message described above. There is definitely some issue setting up the Gateway under WHS. Please do not overlook it!

16. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Can you not just create the 3cx user using the local admins policy script?

17. igor.snezhko

Creating a user manually not helped me. The problem reside in the 3CX Gateway.

18. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

HomeServer, Vista-Home and XP-Home, are non supported OS.
    The HomeServer is internaly a XP-Home. have a look on the MS Side, they describe it them self like it...

19. igor.snezhko

Hm.. Home Server based on Windows 2003 technology and positioning for SMB also. It is definitely not Windows Home.

20. cliveburt

I too have this same problem with the Skype gateway on my Windows Home Server.
    Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.