Its possible set password to outgoin calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by codigit, Sep 1, 2007.

1. codigit

Hello, loook i know about make outgoing call rules i have this rule and the system work great, but i need or i want for example:

That for make calls to this number 1809XXXXXX we need to push a password is that possible?

because is better like that call in any extension to a number 1809XXXX and just put the password, now im filtering this outgoing calls in just one line but is dificult to make call to that phone just do it in one line...

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

How about an outbound rule that you enter 91234 (9 for going out, 1234 is the password). In the rule strip off the 91234 and add the number you want to dial:
    rrrr1809xxxxxx

I didn't understand the 3rd line you had but did you have an extension that dialed an outside line?

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

That is a really excellent idea Rob :idea: , with many uses I can think of right off, not the least of which would be controlling long distance calls in any office. And since its just adding a rule in lieu of each "password" you also have the ability of monitoring usage by user. Thanks (even though it wasn't for me) :lol:

4. codigit

VEry good solution

Im so happy with you idea because in very simple way thats can be the best solution at the moment..

thanks