It's trouble with linksys PAP2 in registing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by canada6106, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canada6106

I have one iphone and two linksys pap2 for extensions, everything is ok when I use the local IP connecting.
    The trouble is coming, when I use the public domain: the iphone is in the right status,but the pap2 can't registered,registration State:Offine.
    I can't fix this issue,,,,
    how can I do now?

2. canada6106

addition:
    my test happen in my own home network,I set my server with a dmz host to public, and when I use the public domain, iphone and my two linksys pap2 are in the same network in my home..... that's why trouble me most.

The simple module is below:

public IP------- Router ----------------linksys ata(connect router directly)*2,iphone(wifi)

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not quite clear. Are you using These devices to connect to a 3CX PBX on your local network, a remote network, or to a VoIP provider? I understand the the devices are on the same network, in your home, but what are you connecting to?

You need to provider some additional information.

4. canada6106

ok, here's more details:
    two linksys ata and iphone are in my home network,connect to public network from the router,3cx service is in lan too(192.168.0.7), already set the 3cx server ip to DMZ host.
    two ata are available when they set to connect to sip provider like voip.me.
    when i connect to my own 3cx server:
    iphone always work whatever use the local ip or public ip
    ata work if I use local ip(192.168.0.7), but they can't be available when set the public ip. always offline...
    that is the problem for me.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, Both ATA's and a 3CX Server (PBX) are located on your local LAN? Each assigned a fixed, private IP?

Why do you have the 3CX sever in DMZ rather than just port forwarding?

You mention a VoIP provider, is the 3CX server registered to that? How else is this involved?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. the ATA's , behind a router, would normally have a local IP, especially if the 3CX server were on the same network. If an ATA were being used remotely, and there was no router involved, then it could be assigned a public IP.

6. canada6106

yes. my ata has local ip (192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.4),iphone (192.168.0.5)
    they can connect to my 3cx server local ip:192.168.0.7
    my iphone can also connect to my 3cx server local ip:192.168.0.7

same network condition, change to use 3cx public ip, my iphone can also connect it.
    but ata can't connect the 3cx's public ip.

(if I set voip.me serverdirectly in ata, they work normal.)

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you trying to connect to the 3CX public IP from the same network, or a remote location???

I have no idea why you would want to use the pubic IP from the same location (LAN), if that is the case. the only reason to do so would be if the ATA was located remotely.

I suggest you forward the necessary ports on your router (to the 3CX server) and then run the 3CX Firewall Checker.

Post the Line page, from the ATA, with the settings that don't work for you. You can X out part of any public IP.
    Since you seemed to indicate that you used the ATA's with a VoIP provider, did you do a "factory reset" on them before setting for use with 3CX?

8. canada6106

I just try to test the system.

I can't connect with remote login use ata. when I put the ata to other remote network,it can't connect to 3cx server too.

9. canada6106

I just try to test the system.

I can't connect with remote login use ata. when I put the ata to other remote network,it can't connect to 3cx server too.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using the ATA from another location, and your 3CX server is behind a router that has proper port forwarding set-up (and confirmed using the 3CX firewall Checker), then the first thing to check is the 3CX server log.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router-configuration-voip/

Is there any sign of a registration attempt? If not, then you have either incorrect information in the ATA (registration attempts are going to the wrong place), or there is still a problem with the settings on the local router and registration attempts are not getting through.

Be sure that the remote IP has not been added to the IP blacklist because of to many failed attempts. Be sure that the extension number you are using is allowed to register from outside the local network.

11. canada6106

Thanks, I'll check today...

but one thing confused me is softphone in my iphone can remote connect to my 3cx server....

12. canada6106

Thanks, I'll check today...

but one thing confused me is softphone in my iphone can remote connect to my 3cx server....

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a number of variables that could account for this behaviour. Without actually seeing all of the settings, and where/how the ATA is connecting to the internet, it is difficult to diagnose. If you want to post the "tabs" from the PAP2, it would provide something to go on.

Have you read over...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/troubleshooting-direct-remote-extension/

14. canada6106

thank you very much~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.