• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved IVR before phone rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVanBC

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi

For one of our customers i'm trying to configure an IVR that welcomes the caller: "Welcome to <business>. Hold on for a moment whilest we connect you to one our employees." Then the ringgroup should ring (all members, as there are only 3).

I got the holidays to work and the out-of-office IVR aswel but this seems to be a pain..

Anyone got experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Sven

Hello @SVanBC

You'll need to set the prompt(upload or record) in the IVR Settings.
If you don't want the caller to press any number before forwarding to the Ring Group, then leave all the Menu Options set to "Nothing" and just use the "Destination for no or invalid input" to forward to the Ring Group after 1 second.

Hope this helps

Reactions: SVanBC
Thanks for the fast reply.

There it is... Create the IVR, link the prompt, set no options, set no input/invalid input after 1 second to connect to ringgroup.

Cheers!

Yes, that's correct! Just note thought that after 1 second, before the call is forwarded to the Ring Group, the IVR by default will play the "Please wait while i transfer your call" message. So you might want to take this into consideration when creating your intro prompt.

Ow, what a bummer. Is there any way to disable this or change the language to Dutch? Else the Welcome message would be rather useless im afraid

Unfortunately you cannot disable it, but you can replace the specific wav file with an empty/silent one so nothing would be heard by the caller. Alternatively you can use the Dutch Prompt Set for the IVR Language. If the Dutch set is not available from withing the IVR menu, then you will need to download it from Settings >> System Prompts >> Updates

Now when I recorded over the default dutch prompt, it plays the english prompt. I'm confused right now... The dutch prompt is active.

Hello @SVanBC

If you want to record over the prompt, please do the following:
  1. Go in Settings >> System Prompts and click on Manage Prompt Set.
  2. Then select the dutch prompt set and click on Copy Prompt Set.
  3. Give a name to the new prompt set and click OK.
  4. Select the new prompt set as "Active Prompt Set" and again Click OK.
  5. Still on System Prompts Settings, in the search bar, search for PLSHOLD. This is the specific prompt that you want to change.
  6. Click on "Record By Phone" to record a new message(follow instructions).
  7. Restart the SIP Server Service for changes to take effect.
  8. Now On IVR settings select the new prompt you have created under "Digital Receptionist Language"
Note though that the above will change the "Please Hold while i transfer the call" message and not the Intro Prompt of the IVR

Reactions: SVanBC
That reboot.. That's it, lol! Thanks alot for your help. Issue resolved!

Sven

Glad to hear that everything is ok now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.