IVR cannot handle apostrophe in extension name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vic D'Elfant, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic D'Elfant

After upgrading to v10, it appears that IVR is no longer able to handle my own extension's voicemail. Judging on the error message (or rather its presention), there seems to be something wrong with my lastname, taken from the extension name.

3CXIvrServer.log lists the following error:
    Code:
    14:08:04.928|11352|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgmissing ; before statementline1linetxt'Vic D'Elfant'tokentxtElfant'
    14:08:04.928|11352|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgSyntaxError: missing ; before statementline1linetxt'Vic D'Elfant'tokentxtElfant'
    14:08:04.951|11352|.\api\VXIpromptImpl.cpp(212):IvrDll, VXIpromptImpl::Impl::Queue(), Error! A serious error within IVR session
    Calling 999 on another phone (exactly the same make, model, configuration, etc.) using a different extension works just fine.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

Yes for now names with custom characters will need to be omitted for the time being. Remove the characters for now
    and it will be ok.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vic D'Elfant

That'll do as a temporary fix, yes. I do hope there'll soon be an update which does support my lastname the way is meant to be written :)

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

I completely understand. Best bet is to subscribe to the blog, when this gets updated you will be notifed via email.
    but it will be changed.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.