• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved IVR Direct Extension Dialing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basaran

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having an issue when a caller dials a user extension from the IVR directly. The system thinks the extension is invalid and just repeats the IVR prompt. No matter what extension I try it doesn't transfer to the user. I looked throughout the system and couldn't find any options for this. From my research, it seems this should work by default, correct? From the manual, it says "Whilst a digital receptionist prompt is playing, a caller can enter the extension number directly to be connected to an extension immediately. This allows callers who know their party’s extension to avoid going through a receptionist. This option is enabled by default."

I am currently on the latest version. Any ideas as to why this wouldn't work?

Last edited:
Hi @Basaran ,

Indeed the function is enabled by default, try doing this internally, dial your IVR from one of your extensions and try dialing by extension that way. See if that works.

Thank you for the reply. No, that doesn't work as well. It just repeats the IVR message. I created a new IVR and the same thing happens. I also tried without the message I made but still the same issue. I just setup the system and this is the only thing I cannot figure out.

When I originally setup the extension length I had it as two characters but switched it to three later on. All my extensions are three characters but could have this messed anything up?

*I think this may be the cause as I tried dialing different two digit extensions and received an invalid extension response at least. Also, extension 50 worked for some reason as well and rang all phones. Not sure how I would solve this though. I just changed the Extension number length from 2 to 3 in Parameter Settings.

Hi @Basaran ,

Indeed the function is enabled by default, try doing this internally, dial your IVR from one of your extensions and try dialing by extension that way. See if that works.

Last edited:
Please provide me with the value of this parameter "IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR" which can be found in Settings>Parameters, along with your extensions digit length.

It is [0-9]{2}

Last edited:
And what is your extensions length?

I changed it to [0-9]{3}. Restarted the server and all is working. Thanks for the info :)

Glad the issue is resolved :)

The moral of the story is you are not supposed to change extension length after install. The supported method is to uninstall and reinstall otherwise you run into issues like this :)

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.