• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IVR error when changing Abyss web management port

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
When using Cassini, I used to change port for web management to 80. This worked without problems. But now when I did the same with Abyss, the IVR stopped working - "An error occurred in IVR, sorry...".

Is it possible to use port 80 for web management and user portal?

yes it is possible but it will not guarantee reliable working solution.
Abyss is based on virtual directories.
This means that compression and cahing will be disabled for the whole website (all the virtual directories) - however you can try.

there is a step to do

A) Enable the abyss management console - to do this you have to go to the following location:
Program files/3cxphone system/bin/webserver/abyss.conf

open this file and scroll to the bottom - in the console section you will have an entry called <port>
replace 0 with 9999 for example.
restart the abyss webserver.

b) from the local machine do the following: http://localhost:9999
username admin password admin (change this after)

c) Abyss Web Server Console :: Hosts - Edit - Default Host On Port 5481 :: General
Set to 80

d) open in I:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Cfg the file 3CXIvr.cfg and edit
#####################################
# testClient specific configuration #
#####################################

client.vxmlURL VXIString http://localhost:5481/ivr/ivr_start.aspx
to

http://localhost:80/ivr/ivr_start.aspx or http://localhost/ivr/ivr_start.aspx

Call 999 and everything should be ok.

Thanks, works like a charm now.

perfect - let us know if you need anything.

Hello,

my abyss server is running on 5481. management console is working and open properly but when i try to open ivr its giving me error like this any help????

http://localhost:5481/ivr/
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Error log:

ProcessRequest(1 - Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull)
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.VirtualPath.MapPathInternal()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, VirtualPath baseVirtualDir, Boolean allowCrossAppMapping)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.MapPath(String path)
at 3.29.1(18 )
at 3.29.0(18 ))

Why do you want to access the website?
Does your ivr actually work when you call it?
You are still going to see nothing - XML page cannot be displayed

hi,

just i got error when i got inbound call i am forwarding to Digital rece. and its giving error like this.. an error occurred in ivr session sorry, so i was checking that,

Regards

try uninstall and install again. What is the os? language?

hi,

i have done install and uninstall twice..... windows XP Sp3, and os language english....

Based on the log I can say that the there was an error in mapping the relative path while processing the request.
Also, Server.MapPath("..") used to work in old version of .NET but starting with new version we need to use Server.MapPath("~") to get the root of the web site.
What is the version of .net that you have installed on the machine?

hi,

as i am asp.net developer so on my machine .net 1.1,2.0,3.5,4.0 all version of .net installed... which log do you need.. web server log???

This is probably what the problem is.
This is a development machine - so you need to find out why a different framework is being targeted.
The webserver targets 2.0 and 3.5. You can see this if you enable the abyss management console. It is giving an exception because it is not targeting 2.0 but a different framework.

Maybe the 1.1 framework is generating this confusion.

Try and install on a different machine with 3.5 only and let us know.
Try and remove 1.1 (dont know why you still have it there anyway)

ok,

i have uninstall framework 1.1 and abyss management console showing asp.net application(2.0 - 3.5/x86/32bit )

Regards,

Umesh

I am out of ideas then.
Try on a different machine - If it works there, then the problem could be a mixup of .net references on your machine.
Uninstall all .net versions and install the ones you need. Sometimes the installations of .net on top of the other might affect the machine.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but i don't think this cause problem... and this is not solution that uninstall other version of .net framework..... its ok...don't worry too much i am trying install any other PBX system .

Regards

Umesh

Well i am not worrying - but to make things clear, you should understand that this is not a 3CX Problem. The problem might be clearly related to your machine and environment used.

Your machine is a development machine - And there are problems. Granted - its absolutely perfectly normal. Then they should be fixed of course.

You should have tried on another machine to at least rule out whether the problem is coming from your machine or from 3CX. 3CX is installed on hundreds and thousands of machines worldwide and these errors do not come up to the general public.

We cannot support 3CX problems on development environments - we expect the developers themselves to be able to understand what is going on in their environments and sandboxes. Only you can answer this question. How can we know or troubleshoot a machine when only you know what you did in it? Maybe you changed something some assemblies or performed some scripts. IVR is full of scripts. Who knows? This is what I was trying to explain to you before.

hi,

its not like that.. but as you mention in previous post that you uninstall all other framework.... but in general practice you think it is possible.. because some application on old framework so it was running on that... and Microsoft have introduce framework version system for that.. not like VB dll hell problem.... but i can understand what you trying to say.... now i am trying to install on fresh pc which have only framework 3.5 and iis... and os in windows server 2003 sp1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.