• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IVR ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

resqadmin

Reaction score
Good Day Chaps,

Phonesystem build V7.1.7139
PSTN Gateway Grandstream GXW4108
Handsets SNOM 320& M3s

Since upgrading and activating the license for the above installation at least once or twice a week I receive the following error when dialling in. *Error in IVR Session , Sorry*
Has anyone else experienced this and If so what is the suggested fix.
I have eliminated hardware as a potential cause by using two different servers with fresh xp installations
Also there was never any problem prior to the build upgrade and licence activation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ZG

I am also experiencing same problem, have you managed to get it fixed?

I've seen this as well. I have no clue whether it is related to the update (I seriously doubt it). The last time it happened I also noticed a bit of choppiness on the audio. I quickly brought up Netmon 3 (like WIreShark) and found a runaway program on a Linux box that was flooding my network. Killing that fixed the choppiness and the IVR began to work again without any 3CX process restarts.

I had the same problem when using one of the Windows XP .WMA sample sounds for my hold music and in a Digital Receptionist menu. (I wanted to dial a number and sit on hold for testing purposes.) It worked for a while, then died one day.

Changing back to the standard "On Hold.MP3" fixed the problem. I was later able to use some actual purchased hold music in .MP3 format.

If you are currently using an .MP3 file, possibly try switching to a new file.
If your file names have any special characters, for example "(", change them to something plain and simple.
If you are using audio files other than .WAV or .MP3, switch to .WAV or .MP3

I also read elswhere that you can try switching between one set of voice prompts and then back. For example, between British and American. (They really ought to have some crazy prompts..maybe Daffy Duck?)

This still occasionally plagues me. I thought I had solved it when I found that runaway network program. But it's happened a few times since. Restarting the 3CX services doesn't clear the problem. Rebooting the machine (and letting the services start that way) does. It's a bit aggravating...

Bob Denny said:
This still occasionally plagues me. I thought I had solved it when I found that runaway network program. But it's happened a few times since. Restarting the 3CX services doesn't clear the problem. Rebooting the machine (and letting the services start that way) does. It's a bit aggravating...

Hi Bob,

Do you use IIS as web server?

Thanks

I have the same problem.

I am using version: Installed Version:7.1.7139.0

My onhold sounds dont work.

I tried replacing it with a file onhold.mp3 - it did not work
I then tried replacing it with a file hold.wav - it did not work

I am using IIS

Hi Bob,
Do you use IIS as web server?
Thanks

Stepan -- Yes, as recommended in several places in your documentation. There is nothing else running on that IIS, I installed it just for 3CX.

I have no music on hold either V7.1.7139.0 and using IIS.

It used to work, But in a reinstall it stopped for no reason. I tried installing Window Media Player but that did nothing, shutting down the firewall....

Any ideas. Is it something to do with "PBX delivers audio"?

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.