• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IVR. How to implement the direct dialing through the Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt_ek

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a problem with direct dial during IVR. I've got several 3CX phone systems connected with bridges through a very robust VPN. I call the IVR from an IP extension inside Phone System #01 and dial an Extension in Phone System #02. The IVR responds that the Extension I dialed is either not available, not registered or there were no routes found to direct the call. (My IVR is in spanish. I might have missed something in translation).

How can I solve this?

The next phase would be to do exactly the same, but instead of calling my IVR from a SIP extension within my PhoneSystem I'd call from outside (through a PSTN gateway).

Thank you very much for all the help you can provide!

Re: IVR Direct Dial Problem

I am assuming that you have a prefix ID for each PBX and you have outbound routes that strip that and pass it to the correct PBX right?

Yes.

Phone System #01 uses extensions 2xxx while Phone System #02 uses extensions 6xxx.

There's an outbound rule that searches for numbers dialed that begin with the number 2 (or 6) and have 4 digits. It then routes the call through a bridge to the other Phone System. It doesn't strip the number dialed, it just searches for the first digit.

kurt_ek said:
Yes.

Phone System #01 uses extensions 2xxx while Phone System #02 uses extensions 6xxx.

There's an outbound rule that searches for numbers dialed that begin with the number 2 (or 6) and have 4 digits. It then routes the call through a bridge to the other Phone System. It doesn't strip the number dialed, it just searches for the first digit.

1. To allow IVR (digital receptionist) to make calls outside the PBX:
Set custom parameter
IVRNOCHECKFORDN=1
2. (Highly recommended!) Instruct IVR(DR) to deny "external" calls to numbers which ARE NOT "begin with the number 2 (or 6) and have 4 digits".
Set custom parameter
IVRDONOTCALL=0000-1999,3000-5999,7000-9999

Regards
P.S. I've changed subject of this discussion to "IVR. How to implement the direct dialing through the Bridge?"

Re: IVR. How to implement the direct dialing through the Bri

First of all thank you for changing the name. It really is a lot clearer now.

I tried looking for the custom parameter, but couldn't find it. I'm using 3CX V10, is the option different in V10?

This is where I looked it up:

Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters

I couldn't find either one.

SY said:
kurt_ek said:
Yes.

1. To allow IVR (digital receptionist) to make calls outside the PBX:
Set custom parameter
IVRNOCHECKFORDN=1
2. (Highly recommended!) Instruct IVR(DR) to deny "external" calls to numbers which ARE NOT "begin with the number 2 (or 6) and have 4 digits".
Set custom parameter
IVRDONOTCALL=0000-1999,3000-5999,7000-9999

Regards
P.S. I've changed subject of this discussion to "IVR. How to implement the direct dialing through the Bridge?"

Has anyone been able to successfully get this custom parameter to work? If yes, please tell me how it was done. I'm on V12 and it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.