IVR inputs work intermittently

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computing2, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computing2

We have AT&T IPFLEX running on 3CX V14 Service Pack 3. Since last week incoming calls are answered by IVR but intermittently the IVR inputs/options are not recognized. Any idea what is going on?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @computing2

You may need to run a wireshark capture on the PBX and see if you are receiving the DTFMs. Filter the capture with rtpevent filter to see if the provider is sending them. If not, you may need to speak with the provider for this.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You should also consider upgrading to V15.5 as V14 is no longer supported so you can receive the latest updates and fixes.

4. computing2

I ran wireshark on the PBX with rtpevent filter. I did not see any DTFMs in the captured log! Am I looking at it correctly? Would you be able to take a look at the log for me?

5. computing2

Here is the screenshot from wireshark with rtpevent filter. It appears that most of the transmission carried Inband DTMF are being ignored! What's the next step?

upload_2018-3-12_10-28-52.png

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Every line there is a DTMF...
    What happened last week? Perhaps provider made a change.
    Have you tried rebooting as a first fix?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. computing2

Hi Craig, YES I have rebooted the application and the server many many time to no avail! No changes have been made to 3CX or anything on our side of the AT&T's router. Last week, AT&T had disconnected the circuits due to a financial dispute. All issues started once the reinstated the SIP circuit! They claim that nothing was been changed from their end, but something must have changed somewhere! Therefore, I am troubleshooting the issue by eliminating the potential problem sources. Do you have any thoughts as to why 3CX is recognizing the DTMFs? It seems 3CX intermittently catches 1-2 DTMFs and then ignore the others! Please Help!

8. craigreilly

Have you restarted the SIP hardware (router?) Rerun firewall check since service reinstated?
    Grasping at straws here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. computing2

Hi Craig, Yes, all routers have been restarted since reinstatement of the services! Believe me, I have been in this situation for over a week now! I can use all the help I can get!

upload_2018-3-13_8-29-15.png

10. craigreilly

what happens if you call the IVR internally - does the issue completely resolve?

11. computing2

Craig, Please pardon my ignorance, but how does one call the IVR internally? I have always accessed it from the main number?

12. craigreilly

what is the IVR Extension?
    Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 9.02.55 AM.png

13. computing2

Craig, It works internally without an issue!

14. craigreilly

So likely 3cx itself is not the culprit.
    Now onto
    a) Provider/Provider Eqpt
    b) Provider Setup (within 3cx)
    c) The caller side -- assuming you have tried from different providers during testing? (different cell provider, landline provide, etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.