IVR - License Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lemuppet, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemuppet

Hi,

I am hoping someone can assist me. We have a project that is using 3CX as a controller for call diversion. I am running on a demo license as a testbed and have experienced 2 issues which may or may not be related. We therefore have a license with 4 simultaneous calls.

General Setup
    We are using VOIPTalk to provide us with a few 0203 numbers. Each one of these is setup as an incoming DID that is then directed to an associated IVR / Digital Receptionist. The IVR will then direct the call back after playing a WAV file to a corresponding extension and this has a divert to mobile setup which diverts to an external line.

I am running on a brand new Windows 2008 R2 server running 3CX v10 SP2. I have however experienced identical symptoms to those below on a XP machine running over a different ADSL line running v10 SP1.

Issue 1 License Limit Exceeded
    I can make a test call in and get a test call out which is being correctly diverted to an external number. After a while however, (I do not know if it is time related however) I get license limit exceeded messages. There seems to be no reason for these as the Port / Trunks Status are showing no stuck calls and the log files validate this too.

I am stuck - can anyone advise what may be occuring?

Issue 2 Calls do not always drop when in the IVR
    As part of the above process when testing if I disconnect the inbound call while in the IVR I sometimes still receive the outbound call even though the inbound call should have disconnected.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Steve M

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

I can comment now on the first issue, regarding license limit. You need to look at the whole situation here and how the call is setup. You have a call incoming and this equals 1 call. It transfers out to a mobile number this equals 1 call until it leaves the PBX. Basically each leg equals a call, so if I call you internally this is one call but then you put me on hold and call user C this is now two calls but if you transfer me to C this was 2 calls but now 1. So it could be a timing issue, with a 4 SC license you really need to be careful with calls, someone could be calling VoiceMail when you call in and this makes your licence limit exceed.

Thanks,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lemuppet

Hiya,

Thanks for responding - I can however be 99% sure that, as this is only in a test environment and that the logs and screens are showing no other connected calls. that this must be a different issue.

I suppose one further question is, whether a completed call (that is showing as gone from 3CX) sits somewhere else in the system e.g. the IVR, for a time before getting garbage collected? As this could be interpretted as the symptoms.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome however...

Steve

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If calls are passing through 3CX, in on one trunk and back out on another and you haven't applied the DEMO key then theoretically you could have two of these transfers going at one time. However, as pointed out, if one call is already up, there may be a point, where, during the IVR and transfer process, the next available two call "slots" are exceeded. The 3CX logs, in verbose mode, may help you determine if this is, in fact, what is happening.

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Can you confim which package you have with VoIPTalk? as the standard accounts only feature 2 concurrent calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lemuppet

I have the basic package - but as I am only trying to make one inbound and one outbound call that should be fine.

However I have done further testing using myDivert numbers instead and for some reason 3CX seems to be behaving itself under this provider. The license limit error must somehow be reflecting VOIPTalks limitations maybe?

Steve

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

No this won't be true, 3CX doesn't care about your provider's limits only its own. One thing I failed to mention and I am not 100% on this as I never use the free edition or demo edition I never can remember how many SC's they have but if memory serve's me the DEMO license only allows 2 SC. So this could be the problem if you are diverting calls with in this situation this will happen. Downgrade to free and see if it continues, with the free edition you won't hit license limit until it tries to make a 5th call.

Thanks,
    Nate

8. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

But VoIPTalk is limited to 2SCs regardless what 3cx is set too

9. lemuppet

I have moved to myDivert and the issue has gone away - this is odd however as it was 3cx saying it had not enough licenses even though it should have had enough for the number of concurrent calls being made. As I say - seems to be related to simultaenous licenses vis VOIPtalk somehow though.

Many thanks for everyones help

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.