• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IVR option during VM

[email protected]

Customer
Reaction score
My boss keeps telling me about how in the old phone system, when a caller got his voicemail they would have the option of pressing 1 to be forwarded to his cell #. Kind of like an IVR built in to voicemail. Is there a way to achieve this?

Upvote 0
Yes, but it's a little messy if you want to do this for everyone. For example, rather than forwarding calls directly to voicemail (on no answer, busy, or not registered) you could forward calls to a Digital Receptionist (DR). The DR could say something like "I'm away from my desk.... to contact me on my mobile press 1, or to leave a voicemail message press 2". Naturally, when they press one, the DR would forward to the cell number. When the caller presses 2, the DR would transfer directly to the correct voicemail box. It's pretty straightforward, provided, that you don't need this capability for all your users. If you have a large number of extensions and want to implement this feature for everyone, you would have to create a DR for each and every person.

As an alternative, If you want to implement this for a large number of users, you could forward calls to a CFD application. You can capture in the CFD the transferring extension, so you know where the call is coming from, then you could look up the extensions mobile number using the Call Control API, or transfer directly to the referring extension's voicemail box. A little work, but far less messy if you have a large number of extensions that need this capability.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.