Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IVR - Prefix Caller ID based on Selection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sfrasernz, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfrasernz

Hello,

My wife runs a small business from home on our residential phone number. We would like to us the IVR feature to determine if it is a Business or Personal call before ringing the extensions. For example, the IVR prompts "Press 1 for Company. Press 2 for Personal".

If they select Option 1 then we'd like to have all extensions ring but with a prefix of "Company" and then the calling phone number e.g, "Company-71425234"
    If they select Option 2 then we'd like to have all extensions ring but with a prefix of "Personal" and then the calling phone number e.g, "Personal-71425234"

This would enable me to ignore business calls if my wife isn't there to receive them.

Or if this ins't possible is there anothe way of accomplishing it?

Thanks,

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Send the call to a ring group, then in the Settings - General - Global Options you need to turn on "Append Group and DID names to Caller ID on/off"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sfrasernz

Thats great, thank you.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Your welcome, I use this feature all the time for different departments, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.