IVR Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Schrodz, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schrodz

Hi,

I have seen a couple posts about this but none have been answered.

We have a water park on site. It usually gets full up to a certain time. Currently, one of the staff log into a Q System and change the message to "Full till 4PM"

They are able to move where they want that message in the system. On 3CX it has only one field for MOH. Does that mean they have to record an entire message for each time?

For example:
    Message1: Welcome to ***
    Message2: Current Offers
    Message3: Full till **
    Message4: Thank you for calling.

We need to replace Message3 without moving the other messages.

Do I have to create a custom CFD to make this happen and develop a database front end to make this work?

2. hwcltjn

Have you checked out the Playlists over at Settings -> Music On Hold -> Playlists ?

3. Schrodz

Didn't know that was there, but it doesn't work in Digital receptionist :( We need to message to play first then enter number

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Schrodz

Do you need to manually change the prompt of the Digital receptionist every time or do you want this to be automated?
    You can record multiple prompt messages and select the one you want from the drop down list when you need to change the message. Or you can create multiple digital receptionists and change the destination of the inbound rule to a different digital receptionist when you need to so a different message is played and different options be presented to callers.

5. Schrodz

It would need to be changed when the pool if full up till a certain time. The prompt change wont work as you can only have 1 prompt.
    Sometimes we would need to change the Offers prompt but not the pool being full and be able to move them around in the order we want. If I did the inbound rule then there would be about 50 digital receptionists. I think the only way is to do this via a SQL Database and create a front end for users to change the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.