IVR repeating, no audio on voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bobdigby, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdigby

We have updated 3CX to version 15 SP1 and all appears to be working apart from we are having some inconsistent issues.

1. IVR - when calling the digital receptionist from external and you press a key to transfer to an extensions voice mail it loops the first message prompt like an invalid response has been pressed. Sometimes the input works sometimes it doesn't its very inconsistent

2. Leaving a voice message when the email comes through with the audio is silent, again this is inconsistent not every time but often enough to be very worrying.

Is there anything I can try? I am thinking about rolling back to 12.5 at this rate!

Thanks

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1) Make sure that when you are pressing the DTMF option that the phone you are calling FROM is not in Speakerphone mode. Sometimes the sound the key makes echoes through the mic resulting in the IVR receiving the DTMF tone twice.

2) Most of the times I have see this is when in fact there was no audio left by the person calling in the VMail. You would need though to run a packet trace on the server and manage to capture a call that went to VMail, left a message and the VMail file did not imprint it onto the file.

3. bobdigby

Hi @NickD_3CX thanks for the reply.

1. I tried from my mobile and got it to repeat quite a few times in a row. It might well have been on speaker phone but my phone (Samsung S7) does not make the DTMF sound whilst on speakerphone is this what you mean? I will need to try and get it to do it again when not on speakerphone to rule this out

2. There was audio on the message, I know this because it was me who left the message. I have managed to get it to not record the sound quite a few times now. Its going to take even longer to try and capture this through a packet trace though as since turning the logging onto verbose and restarting 3CX it hasn't happened again . Is there anything else I can try or check first.

Thanks

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Well, this first thing to determine would be that there is indeed audio arriving as it may well be something else. The only other things I would check is that in you Provider Advanced Settings you:
    - have checked "PBX Delivers Audio"
    - have NOT checked "Support Re-Invite"
    - have NOT checked "Support Replaces"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.