Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved IVR selection problem on DTMF caller input!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mic.max, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mic.max

I've installed 3cx ver. 15.5 SP1 with two digit extention configuration, i also configued five IVR this is the scenario:

IVR1:
    digit 1 connect to IVR2
    digit 2 connect to IVR3
    digit 3 connect to IVR4
    digit 4 connect to extension 18
    digit 5 connect to extension 19

when caller is connected to IVR1 and accidentally press twice 1 (11) or (12) or (22) the call are send to extension 11 or 12 or 22. Why ????????

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi mic.max,

This is by design, normally in an IVR environment you can, as part of the recording say "if you know your parties extension please dial it now" which then transfers you to an individuals local extension number. This is what is happening.

That being said I would not recommend the use of 2 digit extension numbers anyway - this will give you a limited amount of extension numbers of which can not be altered when set. If your customer expands beyond the limit at anytime you could find yourself with an issue.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

In Settings | Parameters edit IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR to [0-9][1]
    It will fix your issue.

Also you may use parameter IVRDONOTCALL to set list of extensions not to be called, like 00-99

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 sip.bg, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  4. mic.max

thank you sip.dg for your workaround ! i think this option in a future to be insert like a selectable configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.