• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved IVR service won't start - has never started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Ayre

Customer
Reaction score
I have an install of 3CX running, its relatively young, only a month old, and in that time I have noticed that the IVR service isn't running and attempting to run it fails.

I receive the following error in Event Viewer:

Code:
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          22/02/2017 16:27:45
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Cent-Phone-01.stagnet.wsat.tech
Description:
Faulting application name: 3CXIVR.exe, version: 15.0.59776.0, time stamp: 0x58403293
Faulting module name: 3CXIVR.exe, version: 15.0.59776.0, time stamp: 0x58403293
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000008f093
Faulting process id: 0x57c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28d2890485f29
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin\3CXIVR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin\3CXIVR.exe
Report Id: d6eec620-f91b-11e6-80bb-00155d8faf10
Faulting package full name:

I'm at a loss with this, so have no idea how to fix it. Anyone got any ideas? We didn't purchase support, but it seems unreasonable that this should simply not work on a fresh install.

Not sure what you mean. This is my first install, and I have this problem.

That post doesn't match my symptoms, as it simply won't start at all. It doesn't run and then crash, it never runs in the first place!

Hi Tony,

What version of 3CX Phone System are you on? Also please let us know which Windows operating system are you running and make sure if your updates on your Microsoft .NET Framework version is 4.6.1 or higher.
Please let us know if the problem persists.

I am running the latest V15 release, updated with latest updates.

The server is running .Net 4.6.2.

I am still receiving this error.

I haven't installed any prompts extra. I had installed some on hold music, but have now removed it. I had also installed the British English prompt set through the updates area, but have removed this also. So, all prompts and audio files are the defaults installed by 3CX. The IVR service is still failing to start with this same error.

Hi Tony,

I have sent you a p.m.

Reactions: Tony Ayre
Following GiannosC_3CX's help, this has been resolved now. Turns out the IVR executable was corrupted somehow. Backing up, removing 3CX and reinstalling fixed it.

Hi Tony,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.