Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IVR - Transfer to Voicemail no personalised greeting issue.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 2evolve, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2evolve

I have a client who we have recently installed 3CX V12 with Snom 320 handsets.

We have setup a digital receptionist with 2 options that go to ring groups, if no answer the option is to "transfer to voicemail" however instead of receiving the personalised greeting for that users voicemail the user is presented with a Generic "leave a message after the tone".

Our customers status changes as they tend to hot desk so its important that people get the personalised greeting, i have been looking at ways to achieve this but im stuck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! :D

Brian

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: IVR - Transfer to Voicemail no personalised greeting iss

If the "final" option specifies the Voice mailbox of a specific extension, then the caller should receive that users outgoing message. Check the 3CX log to be sure that the call is routing the way you think it should be.

3. 2evolve

The call is routing as it should however still not working.

I setup a dummy extension and created a personal greeting upon voicemail and set its status to "away" with the option to route to voicemail.

I then rung this extension from another extension and instead of getting the personalised greeting i had created i get the default operator transferring me to voicemail.

Any ideas anyone?????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would look in this directory and check that the WAV file exists. Also check that the XML File is pointing to the desired greeting.
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.