Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IVR vs other Voice Prompts quality difference... weird...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbojlesen, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbojlesen

I've spent the past 7 days trying to solve a very strange problem.

I'm running 3CX at the office, but I just cannot get a clear and acceptable voice quality during the initial Auto Attendant message. All other messages are fine (for example the 'Please hold while I transfer your call'), and sound quality during the calls is perfect.

I've done everything from using the original file, to downloading professional made messages, to recording my own. I'm using PCM 16 bit 8000 Hz Mono files and my 3cx is connected to a SIP account (no PSTN so far). The router is a Linksys WRT160N. I've forwarded all the needed ports on the router.

Anyone has any clue of what might be happening? I am clueless as to what the problem might be.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Chris

2. cbojlesen

Matt,

If I call the DR from inside the phone system, it sounds perfect as well.

I entered my demo key to record the message, and then used the recording as the DR prompt. I got the same results, it has a much lower quality than the other prompts.

The other thing I could think of was if it's something specific to my VOIP Provider (Vono), but I think it's unlikely.

Or perhaps it's something related to file sizes/resources usage (as the initial DR prompt is much longer than the other voice prompts)?

Thanks for your attention.

Chris

3. cbojlesen

Now everything is working fine.

I've tried using a system prompt ("Please hold while I transfer your call") as my IVR message, and it does work much better. The message I was using before had background music on it, and my guess is that 8000 hz Mono 16 Bit files work better for voice than music.

So, at least here, the idea will be dropping any background music on our prompts...

Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.