Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Jabra headset/ 3cx setup for receptionist/typist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by A.burton, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.burton

Hi I am new.

I was hoping someone could help me with some ideas surrounding the setup for the main receptionist in our small office.

Our main receptionist performs PC based dictaphone typing and telephone tasks all day every day. Here is a list of wants for her:
    • -One headset for PC based dictation typing and also for taking phone calls NOT TWO HEADSETS
      - WHen a call arrives, a popup window mutes and pauses the dictation typing and displays the call. Maybe automatic - Maybe by Hotkey?
      -No headset lifter - headset integrated with 3cx, PC and phone
      - Desk Phone - looking at SPA 508G as the Hard IP phone (Any suggestions)
      -Unbelievable call clarity for our deaf customers
      -Hot key calling from any window
      -3cx phone assistant as these are the features we need in a phone system. I envisage 95% of calls will be done using this.
      -Her computer is switched off at night but 3cx server still runs - need voicemail
      - As almost all calls require her to be using the keyboard - I need a solution that trains her to always use the headset to take calls and to not reach for the deskphone. Something easy.
      -

I'd really like to do away with the deskphone altogether but I worry about if the computer crashes. Does anyone just rely on a softphone with 3cx assistant? If so, is there a ringer if receptionist is away from her desk.

Okay so what equipment do I need for her? How can all of these wants work for her?

Please can anyone help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.