Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Jittering Audio and unable to hear other end

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simo923, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo923

Hi Guys.

I have 3cx running on its own machine. I have a completely dedicated 100Mbps network running my voip system. no other devices at all apart from 6 AAstra 480i phones and 2 Snom m3 Dect Basestations with 4 extensions on each. It has its own dedicated ADSL line, with VoipUnlimited as the Sip Trunk. The network hardware is a basic Netgear ADSL router with QOS set for voice, and a generic 8 port 100Mbps Hub.

Generally the external and internal calls are ok, but about 10 of the calls a day, internal or external are jittery from one end, generally the receiever of the call gets jittering audio, and unable to make out the call. The only response is to hang up and make the call again. This happens on all extensions. Occasionally, the other party loses all ability to hear the other end.

The PBX is set to deliver audio. Are there any settings, or particular codecs that i can set to make all calls reliable and not just hit and miss. most of the other settings are straight from the factory.

TIA.

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Throw the hub away and replace it with a switch which should solve all of your problems. I did the same with a customer who tried to blame 3CX and who had very similar problems and it solved all of them. At a minimum it will solve all the jitter assuming the ADSL line is not the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Have to second that the hub is the problem in your setup.

If you replace the hub with a switch, and your still having audio problems. Make sure all of your devices are running at maximum speed and at full duplex.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

In addition you have to check that the internet connection is not being oversaturated at that point by other applications or else that the internet provider link is slow at that point... The internet connection speed is not specified in the post and you should also check the contention ratio of that link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.