• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Join conference in advance of start time

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternAg

Reaction score
Hi,

I understand that this forum is "user to user", so my question is really "what is the best way for me to approach 3CX to resolve my issue"?

The issue: we want people (both organizers and participants) to be able to call into a conference a few minutes before it's scheduled to start.

I searched and I found some related forum topics already, but there is no resolution there; for example:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/conference-attendee-gets-dropped-call-if-conf-is-not-active-38031.html

I also searched and I found some "ideas" however there are multiple ideas on this topic that are at least 2 years old as far as I can tell and no resolution there either:
http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=397

If I take this issue to the partner that I bought 3CX from, they can't really help. The best they can do I assume is refer me to the forums or to the ideas, where I have already been.

Any suggestions?

I know this is not the best solution - but
1) Create a conference and set the start time 5 minutes early.
2) Do not send this to anyone except the organizer
3) Organizer takes the email, changes the time to correct start time and sends to the necessary recipients.

However, v12.5 looks to be addressing this.

Not a bad workaround for now, thanks I'll take this to the users and let them consider it.

Are you doing scheduled conference calls through 3CXphone or the organizer making the conference call?

We've hated this as well but as i mentioned on the page you tagged fixes part of it.
We are running version 12.5 RC1.

We tell all our sales guys to create the conference 5 min before it is scheduled.
If the attendee tries to join the conference before it is open they hear "Invalid PIN number".

In the email the sales guys send out to the customer they state in there that the conference bridge will not be open prior to the scheduled time, but the 5min is a buffer for the people who always jump the gun.

This has corrected most of the complains we were getting from customers trying to get on and getting disconnected without any indication as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.