Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Joint voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leonp, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonp

Hi,

Consider the following situation...

Our IVR has a catch all which rings a call group consisting of 2 people.

If neither of those people answer, I want the caller to go to voicemail - but how do I ensure that both members of the group are notified of the voicemail and can subsequently access it?

Thanks,

Leon

2. leonp

craigreilly likes this.
  3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Check out https://www.3cx.com/docs/group-voicemail/

If this does not work for you, create a dummy account and setup the ring group to go to this voicemail , again you can email the voicemail (create a distribution group on your email server) and add the distribution group email address to the extension.

On the email side, you can select 'send vmail as attachment' which we send the email, and also keep the message in the voicemail box. To access the voicemail from another extension, dial your vm extension, press # and you will be asked for extension and pin number

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

To expand on Saqqara's suggestion, I would create a dummy extension that is voicemail enabled. Then I would manually provision a second account (the dummy extension) on the two phones. With this approach, your MWI will light up when there is a voicemail waiting in either their primary or secondary account. When you press the voicemail button, the phone will display how many voicemails are in each account and allow you to choose which voicemail you want to access. Further, if one of the two people listens to the voicemail, the MWI light will go for both people. Sending the voicemail to two people means you have multiple people chasing the same task.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.