• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Just a general question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLangston

Reaction score
I am just curious as to how many of you experience trouble with 'Double Talk'. 'Double Talk' is when you can not hear the other party if they try to break into the conversation or interrupt. Or if you do hear them it is only syllable here and there. If you have experienced this with any voip system I would like to hear about it. How bad is it for you? Have you found a way to overcome it? Did you just learn to live with it?

We are using the AudioCodes MP-114 4port PSTN gateway and Polycom Soundpoint 501 phones, we have been experiencing this problem and we have improved on it so that we can tell if the other party is trying to break into the conversation but we would like some feedback as to whether this is normal and we just have to deal with it or not.

I am not asking for solutions although if someone has one I would love to hear it :lol: I just want to know if anyone else has been having this problem.

Ok, me too. I had some horrendous problems with the grandstream GXW4104. And its worse when calls are made to or from cell phones outside. So I just returned the GXW and bought the same audiocodes you have. I had the problems in the the begining but after some fix it worked better but I still have some noise on the inside of the office, nothing bad but a little bit annoying.
I changed the following:
Jitter buffer time I fixed it at 5
voice volume I fixed it at -5
input gain at 5
then it worked great but with some little noise.
What did you do?
Thanks and congratulations... this is a very interesting post.

Hmm - im using linksys and snom phones, and i dont have any issues like that.
Do you have have some sort of echo cancelation tool on the phones?

We tried the Grandstream too and had awful voice quality issues with it that were not just limited to the 'Double Talk'. Like you we sent it and the Grandstream phones back and got the AudioCodes gateway and the Polycom phones. We also had some problems with the background noise; sort of a rushing sound like ocean waves whenever we were speaking, once we stopped talking the noise stopped. Is this the sort of noise you are referring to. If it is what we did was make a slight change in the .ini file. You can go to Advanced Configuration/Configuration File the click on 'Get .ini file' it will open in notepad or your default text editor, scroll down till you see ECDCRemoval and change it from 0 to 1 then save the file and reload it to the gateway. Doing this all but eliminated the background noise for us.

So if I read your post correctly the changes you made to the jitter buffer and the voice and input gains eliminated or at least significantly reduced the 'Double Talk'?

carlosar said:
Ok, me too. I had some horrendous problems with the grandstream GXW4104. And its worse when calls are made to or from cell phones outside. So I just returned the GXW and bought the same audiocodes you have. I had the problems in the the begining but after some fix it worked better but I still have some noise on the inside of the office, nothing bad but a little bit annoying.
I changed the following:
Jitter buffer time I fixed it at 5
voice volume I fixed it at -5
input gain at 5
then it worked great but with some little noise.
What did you do?
Thanks and congratulations... this is a very interesting post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.