Just trying to catchup on whats new -general questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm back after quite sometime of using 3CX (older builds), which has worked very nicely over 30 or so setups. Each system I've put in place has been 100% stable and I've had no real reason to move forward in updating the systems, so I guess you could say I kept low. Now that 3CX really had a major push in development and hardware has come along massively I thought its time to upgrade.

I'm in the process now of reading all the changes since I was last here but I just have a few questions in terms of what can be done now.

1) Is there still a demo key Pros can use to test out the latest features of the system?
    2) Has anyone looked at setting up a PBX on low powered/industrial hardware?
    3) Is 3CX fully compatible with Win 7 / Server 08 / KVM(i.e. shell installations?
    4) What kind of hardware we are now looking at for running a 10/20/30 user IP phone office?
    5) How is the stability of the latest builds?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Yes
    It depends on what is the "low powered/industrial hardware". It can be run on x86 windows environment...
    first two - yes. Could you please be more specific regarding KVM abbreviation?
    Athom Z510 should work...
    Is it a provocation? ;)
    You are welcome :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi SY

Thanks for your fast reply to my questions. In responce to some of your reply please see below:

1)How does would I get a demo key now? Before they used to get emailed to you.
    2) This was answer below - i.e. Intel Atom based systems - I've also seen that benchmark review so thats good news.
    3)KVM - is a container based setup (doesn't use windows) but very useful for systems running bare metal containers i.e. Promox
    4)Thanks
    5)No just more a general view of users to see how things are.

Thanks again.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

PBX can work in VMware and Hyper-V environment. It was discussed many times on this forum.
    KVM? don't know. If Windows OS can run smoothly there then PBX should work. In any case, it is very dependent on concrete environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.