Just upgraded to V12 and have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Raf Wenger, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raf Wenger

We've been using 3CX V11 for a couple of years now and were waiting for V12 to "mature" before doing the jump.
    Now that V12 has over 6 service packs released I thought it would be a good time to try.

The upgrade went relatively smoothly. The only tricky part was to customize the 3cx autoprovisioning file for our yealink phones. Lucky we inserted a '#custom' in front of every custom settings we introduced, so finding these was easy.

Now I am looking at deploying/configurring 3CXPhone 8 to 100 computers and also removing the silverlight 3CX Myphone. That's when the fun really begins.

I used PDQ deploy to remotely install 3CXPhone to the computers.
    I would like to avoid having to send the welcome email to each user and rely on them to apply the 3cxconfig file.
    I could push these 3cxconfig files using PDQDeploy but where can I get these 3cxconfig files other than as an attachment in an email?

Now some question around the 3CXPhone itself:

1. Is it possible to provision other settings on the 3CXPhone 8, like the "sort presence by" option. By default it is sorted the extension number but we would like to change the default sort by first and last name. I have looked in the registry for a key but could not find anything. Can this setting be set in an xml file or something similar?

2. Is it possible to automatically start 3CXPhone 8 to the LARGE presence information screen (instead of the default little one)?
    I know that you can set the default startup screen to the presence screen from the edit extension page on the server, but I would like to automatically start the large presence screen.

3. After applying update 37098.738 (SP 6.1) 3CXPhone came up with an error "cannot connec to 3CX server". I read somewhere that excluding the folder 'c:\programdata\3cxphone for windows' in our anti-virus would fix it. Has anyone experienced that?
    I asked 3CX Tech support and was told to...wait for it...uninstall my anti-virus.

Cheers!
    Raf

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Raf,
    So in order :

- You can get the welcome email attachment from a local folder on pbx : C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\%ProvSubDir%\TcxProvFiles
    Copy those files somewhere else and rename .xml file extension to .3cxconfig

- It is not possible to provision the sort presence by setting from management console but you could prepare profiles xml containing account properties and such customizations. This file is located in client machines, in folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows\3CXPhone.xml

- The window arrangement is also defined in the above file, and kept on 3CXPhone restarts.

- Please refer to this article for web server connection issues : http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-presence-self-help/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Raf Wenger

Thanks Pierre

I never though of renaming the xml file to 3cxconfig. Neat trick!

Adding an exclusion to the AV allowed for 3CX Phone to run properly.
    Thanks for our help. Much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.