• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Keeping 3CX active on 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac44

Reaction score
I have a 4G data plan and I would like the 3CX app to remain active so that I can receive calls. You mentioned that after 10 minutes on Wifi, Apple drops the app. Is this the case with 4G?

Should be an easy test if you keep an eye on the Phone section of the Management Console.
Register a dummy extension and activate an iPhone on that extension.

"Should be an easy test if you keep an eye on the Phone section of the Management Console.
Register a dummy extension and activate an iPhone on that extension."

I don't have a management console. Just have the app with a SIP account.

Sorry. That wasn't clear in your post... I just assumed... Once again.

Good luck.

maybe this helps:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/incoming-call-doesn-t-recognise-number-in-contacts-29928.html#p132477

it tells about staying alive for 10 minutes after losing a connection....

in the settings of the 3CXPhone (you can not see this) we ask for "persistent wifi" even when locked.
There is a small catch to this. If the baterie level gets low this option will be ignored...

iPhones are not 4G. Not even the latest iPhone 4S is 4G. Some androids on 4G network have the capacity to run like 7(seven) T1 lines wireless. Yes seven T1 lines.

Here are the results of the two Speedtest.net runs on each phone:

Speedtest.net #1

iPhone 4S, AT&T 3G: 3.15 Mbps download, 1.14 Mbps upload
Droid Bionic, Verizon 4G LTE – 11.56 Mbps download, 5.56 Mbps upload

Speedtest.net #2

iPhone 4S, AT&T 3G: 3.50 Mbps down, 1.12 Mbps upload
Droid Bionic, Verizon 4G LTE: 12.30 Mbps download 5.54 Mbps upload

Watch the video:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10/19/iphone-4s-vs-4g-lte-android-droid/

akx said:
iPhones are not 4G. Not even the latest iPhone 4S is 4G.

Unfortunately, people will use the term "4G" because that is the term that the provider uses. At one time, the term 4G referred to achieving a certain speed in a fixed or mobile device. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G This "restriction" on the use of the term was dropped after mobile companies complained. Many were using bonded 3G channels and were able to get close to, or surpass to speeds offered on early LTE networks. As no company wanted to be left behind in offering, what was perceived as a slower data option, they all began marketing data as 4G.

As LTE networks mature, speed will continue to increase. There are not a lot of LTE capable handsets offered at the moment and as new (lower) frequencies (a lot from former analogue TV) become available, there is potential for a huge increase. Unfortunately, unless handset makers are able to overcome the differences (around the world) in new frequencies becoming available, we may end up with the same issue that GSM first had, one handset for one Europe, and another, for, say, North America. We still have that now, to some extent (data), on some models, with the four GSM frequencies, sometimes, being the common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.