Keeping .BLREC logs for x days

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bonezAU, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonezAU

Hi,

I'm running v15.5 SP1 and it appears by default the system is only keeping the current days' worth of the system .blrec log.

I want to increase this to 7 or 14 days. I found reference to this online in the 3CX log viewer documentation (https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-log-viewer/)

The 3CX logs rotate when they reach 50MB. If the Keep Backup option (in “3CX Management Console > Settings > Advanced > Logging level”) is disabled, two blrec log files are kept – the current one and the previous one. If the Keep Backup setting is enabled, the older files will be moved to the backup folder. There is an option to keep backup of log files for X number of days. This affects the how many 3CX Logs are kept in the backup.

The problem is, it appears this option has been moved. When I log into the management console and click Settings, there is no Advanced option.

The only other settings I can find for this is on the dashboard in Activity Log > Settings. I may be mistaken, but isn't that for a different log file, not the .blrec log?

Does anyone know where I can find the setting above in the latest version?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bonezAU

Please note that the option you are looking for is the option located in the activity log / Settings.That is the option that affects the logging of the system

3. bonezAU

Hi YiannisH, thank you for the information. I've set that now and will restart the service out of hours so it can update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.