Key and Lamp functionality

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by suburban74, May 23, 2007.

1. suburban74

hi

can you tell me if your pbx supports key and lamp.. ie : can i share a call appearance for a line or ext on multiple phones and have the status led change if the line or ext is off hook / busy / on hold?

i will use either linksys spa962 or snom 360 phones (currently testing).

i am looking to replace an old key and lamp and want to have hybrid functioinality.

thanks
    simon

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This can be done using the Windows Call Assistant, it will show line status, extension status and so on....

3. suburban74

so does that mean you can't do it on the phone itself using the key LED's.. only the windows web browser console?

4. TwigsUSAN

That is correct. Currently it is not a feature that is available.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Not completely true. You can set up Snom 360 to flash programmable lamp to flash on incoming calls from or to corresponding SIP address. It doesn't require any additional functionality of 3CX PBX.

6. TwigsUSAN

My mistake. I wasn't aware that particular phone could.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I've checked Snom 360 myself. Probably, linksys can do something like this also.

8. suburban74

GREAT. i have a snom and a linksys, as i am testing both handsets.. can you tell me how you did this - and i can see if i can replicate it on the linksys.

9. suburban74

hi..

can someone tell me how this was implemented on the SNOM so I can try and replicate it?

Thanks!

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

It is clearly described in Snom manual. Page 41 of snom 360 manual, section 'Programmable keys'

11. marcovalli

GRANDSTREAM GXP2000

I have the some problem with using grandstream GXP2000. Can somebody help me ??

12. suburban74

hi
    sorry but the manual is not very clear at all. i don't understand what the string is i need to put to make it subscribe to the other extension state or what option to select from the drop down, ie: line/shared line/extension

can you offer any more advice?

thanks

simon

13. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

I think there was a misunderstanding here. Admin didn't say web browser console. Admin said Call assistant. Call assistant is a small client software that we offer for free with the 3CX Phone system. You can download it from the login page by just clicking on "Get 3CX CallAssistant" . It will display call history info on a per user basis since it is configured on a per user basis. It will display line and extension availability. Also que membership. Furthermore it gives you the chance to login to ques and transfer call to voicemail if you wish to ignore the call while it is ringing and more.

14. benzinbruder77

I have tried all settings on our snom360, but i don't work.

can someone tell me the exact setting of the "programmable key" for the busy lamp funcionality.

thanks

15. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If you are referring to BLF i.e. busy lamp field, we do not yet support it. Its on the road map, probably end of year we will have it. Until then please use call assitant...