Solved Keyboard/pasting with 15.2.2

Discussion in 'iOS' started by example1, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. example1

Hi

First I want to say a massive thank you for pushing out this new version with CallKit! It makes the whole experience much better. I also like the larger keypad. However...

In previous versions you could tap in the "empty" space above the 3CX keypad and the iOS keyboard would pop up. This would also display a "paste" button. Unfortunately I can't seem to trigger the same behavior in the new version :( Am I missing something or has this just been overlooked in the (otherwise lovely) UI update?

Being able to paste in numbers is very useful, I would really appreciate it if this could be brought back!

The keyboard was only useful for accessing Shared Parking (SP1, SP2, etc.), so perhaps some other accommodation could be made for this?

Thanks again for the great update!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Thanks for appreciating our 3CX phone 8)
    Regarding your question - Apple keyboard has been removed by request, but most probably next release will have UI support for Shared Parking.
    Thanks again
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. example1

OK, looking forward to Shared Parking being integrated!

Do you think you'll be able to add some sort of pasteboard integration? It's really useful to be able to copy a phone number (eg from an email) and paste it into the 3CX app to call.

The "Add Contact" button currently does nothing when no number has been entered, perhaps this could be a paste key when this is the case?

4. roadwings

I'm putting this here for reference on the next update...

shared-parking-screen-on-smartphone-app-44200.html

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Topic update:
    The keyboard is available again starting with 15.2.5.144 (available for testing on TestFlight) so it will be also available in the next official release.

6. JonnyM

Thank you, pasting a number in was a feature I used a fair amount.

7. example1

Thanks!

Just downloaded the latest TestFlight build and the keyboard integration is great; better than it was before it was removed! Great work :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.