Keypad touches cheek while talking - beep!

Discussion in 'Android' started by Bob Denny, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

The keypad (or keyboard, see my other improvement idea) needs to slide out of view when the call is connected. If you need it, a little tab should allow you to slide it back into view, then back out of view when you're finished with it. Without this, while talking it is really easy to touch the screen with your cheek and send (loud) touchtones.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

there is proximity sensor with this but it is still a bit buggy. Does not work on all the phones. Try it. If you see that it does not work or CPU starts to throttle affecting audio quality, switch it off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can enable this by entering the Profile you are using > Integration Settings and enabling the Proximity sensor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sfire

I push the power button on my phone and it turns off the display then it doesn't register touches on it.

I have a Motorola Cliq and the proximity sensor doesn't work on mine either. Basically its become habit now to turn off the screen before I attempt to talk on it.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Proximity sensor does not work in general on a lot of phones.
    When it is enabled, CPU is throttled and therefore quality of voice calls is affected. this is why we disable it by default.
    I dont understand what you mean by "it doesnt register touches it"

What version of android do you have on this moto?

6. yertclark

I also have had this problem. After reading one of the user replies I tried out what he said. Pressing the power button on my HTC Hero does indeed prevent me from cheek dialing. For those of you who may have a different phone, pressing the power button simply locks the phone on the HTC Hero. I have not experimented with it too much nor do I know if there are any consequences to call quality by locking the phone, but it seems to have done the trick for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.