Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Know before picking up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Henryk Sasim, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henryk Sasim

Hello,

I´m sorry I could´t find anything about it before posting a new thread.

Currently I use a Siemens HiPath 8000 with Siemens Openstage phones. 3CX seems to do almost everything Hipath does, except one thing, this is what I would like to know if 3CX is capable of:

In a pickup group of members A,B,C and D, someone else is calling D. D´s phone is ringing but A is six desks apart and he can´t see from his phone who is calling D. A would like to see in his phone who is calling D before chosing to pickup the call, avoiding an annoying person or call.

On Siemens HiPath, when D is ringing, A´s phone shows 2 lines, the first one being the caller and the second one being the extension being called.

I did some research and it seems to be a proprietary feature from Siemens, this only works if using a Siemens phone. I know it is a XML the server sends to the phone.

Can 3CX do something like this using Yealink T23Gs phones? These are the ones I´m chosing to buy along with 3CX.

Thank you,

Henryk

2. neville

neville New Member

You could see this in the webclient/switchboard

Chuck

apostolis_3CX and YiannisH_3CX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.