Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Konftel 300w

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by layton, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton

We have one of these units that we are testing, and so far we really like it. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this unit because we just can't get inbound 3-way calls to work. We can use the Conference Guide on the phone to make a 3-way call by dialing out to the participants. However, if we have two parties call in - we can successfully flash to switch between the two calls but can't seem to connect the two inbound calls into a 3-way conference. The documentation indicates once we are on the second call, we should be able to press flash then 3 to connect the calls - but that isn't working.

For what its worth - we're using a Cisco SPA112 ATA to connect the DECT base to the 3CX system, which is running v12 SP5. I realize this may be an issue with the ATA not handling this correctly as well - just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Konftel 300w and if you've been able to get this functionality to work.

Thanks!

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Outbound 3-way calls, I'm familiar with, over many different platforms, both PBX and POTS networks. Inbound, doesn't make a lot of sense.

In the majority of cases, the second caller would have no relationship to the first caller.

If you are in a call, and you receive call waiting tone, you flash to put the first caller on hold, take the second call, then flash to go back to the first caller after telling the second that you will call them back (or not as the case may be). In many cases a flash generally allows you to toggle back and forth between the two callers if desired.

If the second flash joined the calls, then you would have to wait until the second caller hung-up before you did a flash, or had to wait waited to be connected back to the first caller. Otherwise you run the risk of adding the second caller without realizing it especially if they did not disconnect immediately.

I may be mistaken, but that's my take on it.

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The 300W is an analog device and as such it will ONLY handle one call at the time as states by Leejor.
    You can achieve what you want if you use the 300IP.
    You may want to look into the ability to process local feature codes on your FXS adapter to conference the calls...
    We use both phones extensively and the second will not offer you Wireless unfortunately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. layton

Revisiting this issue after awhile. Short story is a customer has a need for a wireless conference phone to share between three small conference rooms (rooms are in use regularly, but they rarely need conference calls in more than one room at a time). They are architects and will often have two different parties call into their office for a meeting (hence needing to conference two inbound calls). We can conference two outbound calls successfully, and we can even conference an inbound and an outbound call successfully - but only if the inbound call is the first call received. If they make an outbound call first, then have an inbound call transferred in, they can answer the second call with the first call on hold - but at that point the phone will only switch between the two calls - it won't conference them. Which is the exact same behavior with two inbound calls - it seems to be an issue with the conferencing when the second call is inbound, regardless of whether the first call was inbound or outbound.

My next thought was to just eliminate the need for local conferencing on the 300W completely and just use an ad-hoc conference room on 3CX. We've assigned one of their available DIDs to the conferencing server. However - now we have found that that 300w can't access any conference rooms. We can successfully dial 700 to get the conference prompt, but whenever we enter a conference room (either for a new ad hoc room or for an existing room that has been previously scheduled) and press # we get a fast-busy and the call disconnects. All of our SIP desk phones (Yealink T46G) can access the conference rooms as expected. I'm not sure if this is the Cisco ATA that is grabbing the # instead of passing on the DTMF to 3CX or what. I'd greatly appreciate any ideas on being able to get the 300w/Cisco ATA to access 3CX conference rooms.

Thanks!

Chad

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sounds like the dtmf tones are not being sent properly to 3cx.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While I haven't looked into the passing of a # onto 3CX from an ATA, I have to assume that it would normally be intercepted (when dialtone is being presented) as the ATA is probably set to using it as an end of dial string signal. There may be a way of overcoming this with either the change of an option or two, or manipulation in the internal dialplan. I don't recall that particular topic being discussed before on this forum. You can do some experimentation yourself, or, you might save yourself some time and go over to the Cisco SIP forum. Someone else may have already discovered whether or not this is possible.

7. layton

Not sure why I didn't check before - but of course there was an updated firmware for the SPA-112 ATA, and the latest firmware (1.3.3) resolved the issue with the # DTMF being passed to the 3CX Conference Server, so we should be good to go with this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.