• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Lack of 3CX Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofabeat

Reaction score
Hello. I've tested various configuration of 3CX, including Windows, iPhone, Android. I found tunnel mode a great feature and I'm really disappointed it was removed from 3CXPhone 3 for iPhone. I know, that everything can work even without tunnel, if you are in properly configured environment. BUT it is impossible to configure port forwarding, when my customers or employees are out of their office. They go to hotels, airports, offices of their partners, homes, etc. How, can I configure proper port forwarding in these locations? Maybe I'm missing something? Maybe it do works with tunnel? Please, advise what I should do with out of office users.

Thank you.

I use the softphone for iPhone client at home and do not have to do any port forwarding.
It just plain works.

However, you can still use the old client with the tunnel if need be. They are still available on the AppStore.

As mentioned port forwarding to a device at a remote location is not necessary, in almost all cases, when using a hotspot.

One thing that you should do however is to change the port of the 3CX phone to something that isn't already likely to be used locally, for VoIP (or anything else). If the remote router happens to have VoIP service on it, it is probably already making use of the 5060, 5061, 5062... ports. Choose something a bit higher and there is a lot less less chance of a conflict. As long as the port chosen hasn't been blocked, or forwarded elsewhere, they should be good.

info, in the 3cxphone 12.0.4 it will be back the ability to use for a call the tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.