Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Lack of 3CX Tunnel

Discussion in 'iOS' started by sofabeat, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sofabeat

Hello. I've tested various configuration of 3CX, including Windows, iPhone, Android. I found tunnel mode a great feature and I'm really disappointed it was removed from 3CXPhone 3 for iPhone. I know, that everything can work even without tunnel, if you are in properly configured environment. BUT it is impossible to configure port forwarding, when my customers or employees are out of their office. They go to hotels, airports, offices of their partners, homes, etc. How, can I configure proper port forwarding in these locations? Maybe I'm missing something? Maybe it do works with tunnel? Please, advise what I should do with out of office users.

Thank you.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I use the softphone for iPhone client at home and do not have to do any port forwarding.
    It just plain works.

However, you can still use the old client with the tunnel if need be. They are still available on the AppStore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As mentioned port forwarding to a device at a remote location is not necessary, in almost all cases, when using a hotspot.

One thing that you should do however is to change the port of the 3CX phone to something that isn't already likely to be used locally, for VoIP (or anything else). If the remote router happens to have VoIP service on it, it is probably already making use of the 5060, 5061, 5062... ports. Choose something a bit higher and there is a lot less less chance of a conflict. As long as the port chosen hasn't been blocked, or forwarded elsewhere, they should be good.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

info, in the 3cxphone 12.0.4 it will be back the ability to use for a call the tunnel

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.