Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

LAN Address change without re-install.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

I was playing around with a test system in the office and moved it to another network. It was running dhcp so picked up a new address. In the console, there was a message about incorrect ip address. Click to go to the network settings page and select the correct address. Once I did, the current address was in the internet facing Ip address. Clicked OK and everything worked without a reload. It also updated all the items in the parameters page to the correct LAN IP.

I reset the LAN address in my firewall rules, re-provisioned a phone and tested calls in and out with my SIP provider. Set up an SBC and it all worked.

Is this a new or undocumented feature? I was a little surprised that it worked.

Chuck

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If I recall they have been working on perfecting this.
    I remember reading a post topic regarding this - and support stating the above. I may be wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    neville likes this.
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @neville

This was introduced in SP2 so now you do not need to re-install the system when the local IP address changes. However some values remain unchanged like some email notifications. Like @craigreilly mentioned we are working to perfect this.

neville likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.