LAN Address change without re-install.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

I was playing around with a test system in the office and moved it to another network. It was running dhcp so picked up a new address. In the console, there was a message about incorrect ip address. Click to go to the network settings page and select the correct address. Once I did, the current address was in the internet facing Ip address. Clicked OK and everything worked without a reload. It also updated all the items in the parameters page to the correct LAN IP.

I reset the LAN address in my firewall rules, re-provisioned a phone and tested calls in and out with my SIP provider. Set up an SBC and it all worked.

Is this a new or undocumented feature? I was a little surprised that it worked.

Chuck

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If I recall they have been working on perfecting this.
    I remember reading a post topic regarding this - and support stating the above. I may be wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    neville likes this.
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @neville

This was introduced in SP2 so now you do not need to re-install the system when the local IP address changes. However some values remain unchanged like some email notifications. Like @craigreilly mentioned we are working to perfect this.

neville likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.