land line for multiple rings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by racunvoip, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racunvoip

Hello people, I have installed the free version of 3cx and I'm using a cisco spa3102. I have had a land line number for many years and it is the one I want to use as my primary line or number. I have not figured out how to make this line ring multiple time even if it's being used. I have a DID line through skype with 4 channels and that works fine I have installed the land line through the pstn line so when it rings it reaches the 3cx pbx but if it's being used and someone calls on it, it just rings on the callers side but no on my phones. Thanks in advance for your help

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What are the forwarding rules of this PSTN from the Telco?
    On an analog line - if someone is on the line - then its technically "busy". So there must be some kind of forward rule set up on it.

Take the line and plug it into a plain analog handset. Then make a call with it. Then have someone try to call it. Is it busy or is it ringing?
    My guess is it will ring still - thus striking any conflict that 3cx is causing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have Call Waiting as an option on the line (you must have some option otherwise the second caller would reach busy), then you will not be able to take the second call. Using the 3102 as a 3CX trunk does not allow for a "flash" to pass from an extension, out on the line, which is what it usually takes to answer the second caller while putting the first on hold.

If you are going to continue using this line with 3CX then you should remove this option. If you still want to be able to receive a second call while on the line, then about the only thing you can do is add a feature such as Call forward Busy, which would send a second caller to a second phone line, which you would have to purchase and add to 3CX.....or, add a PSTN voicemail option with notification being stutter dialtone. MWI will not pass through to 3CX, but you could add a stand-alone box , installed before the 3102, with a Voicemail indicator.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have Call Waiting as an option on the line (you must have some option otherwise the second caller would reach busy), then you will not be able to take the second call. Using the 3102 as a 3CX trunk does not allow for a "flash" to pass from an extension, out on the line, which is what it usually takes to answer the second caller while putting the first on hold.

If you are going to continue using this line with 3CX then you should remove this option. If you still want to be able to receive a second call while on the line, then about the only thing you can do is add a feature such as Call forward Busy, which would send a second caller to a second phone line, which you would have to purchase and add to 3CX.....or, add a PSTN voicemail option with notification being stutter dialtone. MWI will not pass through to 3CX, but you could add a stand-alone box , installed before the 3102, with a Voicemail indicator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.