Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Language as a variable

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Louis-Philippe, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis-Philippe

Hello,
    I'm trying to dynamically change the language for text to speech in a user input component. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be possible to set text to speech voices as a variable or as an expression. I try to use the usual syntax, like callflow$.Voice, but it doesn't works. Is their a technical reason?

Thanks for the help and have a nice day,
    Louis-Philippe

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

You're right, currently it is not possible to set the TTS voice using an expression. To do it you would have to use a Conditional component to select the language, and add a different Prompt Playback component into each branch. You could create a custom component to do this, that way you don't need to add the conditional component everywhere.

I think it's a good idea to be able to set it using expressions, in case you need a multilanguage IVR. We'll consider it for the next version.

Regards,

3. Louis-Philippe

The problem with using a Conditional component to select the language is if the user doesn't input values before the timeout of a user input control, the TTS won't play again.

4. VAD_Support

When you need to collect user input, you have to put a User Input component into each branch of the Conditional component, and configure the prompts with a different voice in each case.

5. Wilgner Garcia

Hello Louis,

i am trying to execute the text speech with another voice/language (different from pattern, Microsoft Anna).

I installed 2 another voices on Microsoft Text to Speech, these voices are appearing on windows, and if i select one of them on control painel, and not set the voice name on VAD, the voice that "3CX execute" continues being Microsoft Anna.

I tried to use the names 'MIcrosoft Heloisa', 'Heloisa', and others variations on the field Voice Name, but without success.

How do you set a voice in that field? Are you using which languages?

Thanks
    Wilgner

6. VAD_Support

Hi Wilgner,

Keep in mind that some voices are only available for 32 bits, and in that case if your server is x64, the VAD application will not see the new voices. Check that in first place.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.