• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Language selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbilo

Reaction score
Hi,

This question has been asked but not answered a couple of years ago. Is it possible to change the prompt set depending on an IVR selection?

We welcome our callers with a language selection (for French, press 1, for English, press 2) and direct the caller to an appropriate IVR menu accordingly. However, the system prompts remain in the default language.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alex

This is not a feature we provide, but it can be done with some ingenuity.

While your entire PBX remains in English, you can create lets say 4 Different IVR's.

*In IVR1 you make a prompt that goes as follows:

- For English Press 1 and make this point to another IVR with an English Prompt
- For French Press 2 and make this point to another IVR with a FrenchPrompt
- For Spanish Press 3 and make this point to another IVR with a Spanish Prompt

And in IVR2,3 and 4 you simply put a prompt that is in English, French and Spanish respectively to your needs.

Hi Alex,

Not yet available but if you vote for it you will raise its changes of being implented.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/User-Selectable-system-Language-prompts/72904-9854

Done. That would be a great addition.

alexbilo said:
Hi,

This question has been asked but not answered a couple of years ago. Is it possible to change the prompt set depending on an IVR selection?

We welcome our callers with a language selection (for French, press 1, for English, press 2) and direct the caller to an appropriate IVR menu accordingly. However, the system prompts remain in the default language.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alex

yeah, i did answer that a couple years ago. But hmm...for some reason the answer was deleted. I distinctly remember answering it because it was something i researched...hmmm

matt

I personally post this request on ideascale but it disappear.....It's a function that many 3CX competitors have and It's a reason for losing 3CX sales in big companies.

Well the feature is there two times and I voted it up for both.

I agree that this is missing, even more so that everything seems to be naturally multilingual in the system.

Thanks,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.