Language selection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alexbilo, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexbilo

Hi,

This question has been asked but not answered a couple of years ago. Is it possible to change the prompt set depending on an IVR selection?

We welcome our callers with a language selection (for French, press 1, for English, press 2) and direct the caller to an appropriate IVR menu accordingly. However, the system prompts remain in the default language.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Alex

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is not a feature we provide, but it can be done with some ingenuity.

While your entire PBX remains in English, you can create lets say 4 Different IVR's.

*In IVR1 you make a prompt that goes as follows:

- For English Press 1 and make this point to another IVR with an English Prompt
    - For French Press 2 and make this point to another IVR with a FrenchPrompt
    - For Spanish Press 3 and make this point to another IVR with a Spanish Prompt

And in IVR2,3 and 4 you simply put a prompt that is in English, French and Spanish respectively to your needs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Alex,

Not yet available but if you vote for it you will raise its changes of being implented.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/User-Selectable-system-Language-prompts/72904-9854

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alexbilo

Done. That would be a great addition.

5. mattlandis

yeah, i did answer that a couple years ago. But hmm...for some reason the answer was deleted. I distinctly remember answering it because it was something i researched...hmmm

matt

6. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

I personally post this request on ideascale but it disappear.....It's a function that many 3CX competitors have and It's a reason for losing 3CX sales in big companies.

7. alexbilo

Well the feature is there two times and I voted it up for both.

I agree that this is missing, even more so that everything seems to be naturally multilingual in the system.

Thanks,

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.