Larger buttons in 3CX MyPhone_MSCONFIG**CONFIRMED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Please make buttons and icons larger.
    [​IMG]

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Larger buttons in 3CX MyPhone

We are trying to keep the new Myphone Assistant from being a full screen application.
    Simply right click on the myphone page and click on the Install button.

You will then get a nice Silverlight Myphone application on your computer's desktop. Once you start this up you will see what we are trying to do here :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Welzo

Hi,

The extension groups in the 3CX MyPhone window only show about 8 max (if you have more than 8 extensions in an extension group), for the other extensions you have to scroll down. Can't you make it so we can resize the height of the extension group view?
    [​IMG]
    The previous 3CX Assistant also showed multiple columns when increasing the width of the window, not that we want this in the MyPhone also, but that allowed us to monitor/view alot more extensions at the same time.

Also a few other notes about the MyPhone Interface:
    • I see no option to set an extension to "Do Not Disturb" ? Or is this feature removed completely?
    • In v9 there was an option to "Disable MyPhone for this extension" but now since the assistant has become the MyPhone, we don't have the ability to block certain preferences so that users can not change the 'Extension Details' or 'Forwarding Rules'.
    • In v9 we could add more 'connections' and have multiple tabs for every connection, but in MyPhone we can only have one connection...
      I noticed that it was possible to open multiple browser tabs and log in with a different extension on every tab, but that would not be very practical since you have to enter the login details every time you open MyPhone again, 'remember me' won't work since it only remembers the login details for one extension.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@igor Re larger buttons.
    When you browse a website and the text is too small what do you normally do? Ctrl Scroll up and down with the mouse.

@Welzo

Do not disturb - in the roadmap

Disable myphone and rules - put it as a feature requests http://3cx.ideascale.com/.

Connections - But now you have multiple URL's. Remember me will not work no however in the scenario you are mentioning there is a flaw. Why would I constantly need to connect to 2 extensions MyPhone on the same pbx? you have 2 different extensions on the same phone system? What for? Remember me option is important if you connect to 1 MyPhone in your business in the states and one myphone in your business in Europe. In that case they will have different IP Addresses and yes a cookie is created with logon information PER CONNECTION created. So the cookie for the connection with the States PBX will use one credential set and the other cookie will be created for the credentials of the Europe pbx.

Also if you want multiple connections not in browser format you can install locally.

Re - number of extensions and scrolling. The column feature is something we want to do in the future too.

Put all your features on ideas factory. If they are good, the community will vote for them and we will see them and possibly implement them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Oh dear, not a possitive change at all.

I think that if access to MyPhone cannot be disabled then we need the ability to be able to disable specific tabs within it, I do not want my users to be able to alter Forwarding Rules for example so by default I allways disable MyPhone with v9.

I seem to recall that with v9 there was allready a feature request to have the ability to be able to allow the MyPhone portal but block certain areas/tabs ?.

Update: Here's the feature request... http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Granular-Control-of-MyPhone/87219-9854

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I have multiple lines. I have the main work one, I have a private direct dial number for certain people and I have a work one for home. So I need 3 myphones. I used to have them as tabs in the assistant. Now I have it installed locally and have to open each one up and log in. It works, but just not as convenient as the old assistant which would auto start and auto log in them all.

We will. But the MyPhone is in its infancy with v10 and not all features are implemented yet, so we will wait a while.

Also the new MyPhone is a great improvement so we can live with some of the missing old assistant features for a while.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We will make registration to windows startup in the future yes - already in our to do list. We will enforce it on first run. Then if the user does not want it, they can go to msconfig.

8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Your kidding right? You would make someone go into msconfig to disable a startup item? Please tell me that is a joke.

9. sunstate

sunstate Member

I agree with Kerry. That's rediculous. You need to have a checkbox within the MyPhone preferences for launching at startup, not expect the end user to use MSConfig or manually add/remove it from startup folder.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree yes with your points. We will see what we will manage. I was just cutting out extras and concentrating on priorities

Priority 1 - we will make it run on startup by default with no option to disable it except msconfig.
    Priotiry 2 - we will add a checkbox Start Automatically when windows starts (Default enabled) user can switch it off. We can do this in phases no problem.

11. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

I don't see in Myphone where we can change defaut ringing hardware, volume etc.. ?

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no ringing mechanisms in myphone. Keep in mind that this is not a phone where you can actually route audio and sound/mic using the web. Am I understanding correctly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.