Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Largest Hosted System

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

What is the largest SC that you are hosting. I am doing several 16SC, but need to go larger for a multiple location client? Probably up to 64. I normally host at OVH, so have a 100M connection so bandwidth is not an issue.

2. us1

us1

I'm about to deploy a 64SC solution for a customer at my cloud provider (similar to OVH). They provide 500Mb of bandwidth so, like you said, shouldn't be an issue. 64SC on a bad day will probably only use 10Mb (and that's a stretch). Really the biggest issue is make sure you have sufficient CPU and RAM dedicated to the machine and sufficient storage to handle the voicemail. For 64SC, 3cx recommends:

Up to 64 Simultaneous Calls
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-3210 Processor (3M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
    Memory: 4 GB
    HDD: SATA 60GB

Most hosting providers use Xeon processors so you'll easily eclipse this capability. To be safe, you may want to add a bit more but those are pretty low system requirements for that size deployment.

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I'm hosting two 128SC instances and many smaller ones into my own cloud (using IBM servers x3550M5 dual Xeon E5 - 10 cores, 384GB of RAM,under VMware). No issue with performance or resources, so I guess even several 1024SC instances won't be a problem at all. Some implementations are still Windows based, others are Linux based (less resources required).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 sip.bg, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. pagsinc

I use Vultr to hose our 3cx linux system and it's been great

5. Michael Gamache

I run two servers with 128sc licenses. Apprx 700-800 extensions each. Both servers are hosted (different parts of country), and individual user locations are divided between the two sites. 70+ locations total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.