• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Largest Hosted System

Status
Not open for further replies.

neville

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
What is the largest SC that you are hosting. I am doing several 16SC, but need to go larger for a multiple location client? Probably up to 64. I normally host at OVH, so have a 100M connection so bandwidth is not an issue.

I'm about to deploy a 64SC solution for a customer at my cloud provider (similar to OVH). They provide 500Mb of bandwidth so, like you said, shouldn't be an issue. 64SC on a bad day will probably only use 10Mb (and that's a stretch). Really the biggest issue is make sure you have sufficient CPU and RAM dedicated to the machine and sufficient storage to handle the voicemail. For 64SC, 3cx recommends:

Up to 64 Simultaneous Calls
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-3210 Processor (3M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: SATA 60GB

Most hosting providers use Xeon processors so you'll easily eclipse this capability. To be safe, you may want to add a bit more but those are pretty low system requirements for that size deployment.

I'm hosting two 128SC instances and many smaller ones into my own cloud (using IBM servers x3550M5 dual Xeon E5 - 10 cores, 384GB of RAM,under VMware). No issue with performance or resources, so I guess even several 1024SC instances won't be a problem at all. Some implementations are still Windows based, others are Linux based (less resources required).

Last edited:
I use Vultr to hose our 3cx linux system and it's been great

I run two servers with 128sc licenses. Apprx 700-800 extensions each. Both servers are hosted (different parts of country), and individual user locations are divided between the two sites. 70+ locations total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.