latest beta does not ring unless in focus

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shawn, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

samsung sm-g900a android 6.0.1 running 15.5.345.633
    does not reliably ring anymore unless the app is in focus. you guys have put a lot of effort in the past year to remedy this problem. i'm not sure what's going on but this version seems to have reverted.

i have another galaxy s8 with the latest updated running the same 3cx client and now the ringing has also become unreliable where it sometimes rings when sleeping and sometimes does not.

i read the posts, the only suggestion that i found was battery savings mode which i've disabled for the app and then for the entire device and it did not make any difference.

any recommendations?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

• What PBX version are you running?
    • Do you use specific codecs on your mobile extension?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shawn

Shawn New Member

no special codex. everything pretty much out of the box

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So with the production version of the 3CX Client 15.5.344.492 all is fine, but with the new beta you're seeing a clear problem. I'll have to ask you to verify this by trying the production version again.

If the issue is still actual, in this case, could i ask you to enable Verbose logging in the beta version by going to: Settings > Advanced > Verbose Logging and enable this. After you do this, reproduce the issue.

Once you've reproduced the issue, simply go to Settings > Advanced > Send Report and send this report to us to investigate further.

Keep in mind that we've done strides in improvement of PUSH reliability in SP5 vs the 3CX Client. I'd really suggest you at least try it in a test environment if possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...