Latest Service Pack Removed Yealink SIP-W52P Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ctsuser, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctsuser

Hi,
    I updated both Windows and Linux servers with the latest SP for V15 and now all the Yealink SIP-W52P show as UNPROVISIONED. I cannot find the template for the phone in the Phone Firmware section. Does this mean this model will no longer be supported for auto-provisioning?

2. pact

pact New Member

SP4 brings a new method of provisioning Multi Extension devices (W52P being one of them).

You configure these via the 'FXS/DECT' option on the left hand menu.
    (If you do not see this option, try Ctrl+F5 to refresh the web app).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. techclarity

Anyone know how to get this to work. I went to FXS/DECT section and put in MAC address. I selected the extension I want Handset 1 assigned to. The phone shows up under phones section but I can not do anything with it. All options are greyed out except for Reject.

4. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi techclarity,
    FXS/DECT phones provisioning works like this:
    1. Login to Management Console, go to FXS/DECT page and add the needed device with the correct MAC address;
    2. In the General tab you will see "Provisioning Link:", copy that URL and save;
    3. Select extensions from Extensions tab and press OK to add the device;
    4. Connect to web UI of your FXS/DECT device. If it is the Yealink or Snom DECT phone you can find the PnP message in Phones page, so just select it and press "Phone UI" button;
    5. In phone's UI navigate to Provisioning page and paste the Provisioning Link there. For Yealink you need to go to Settings->Auto Provision page, paste the Provisioning Link URL into the "Server URL" field, press "Confirm" and "Autoprovision Now" buttons.

That's all. Phone will get the provisioning file from 3CX PBX, reboot and ready to use.

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Same issue here.

I run a mix of W52P and W56P DECT Phones, local and remote.
    All W56Ps show PROVISIONED instead of their MAC address.
    Only one remote W52P shows his MAC address.
    The local W56P can’t be provisioned, it won’t work.
    I have followed the steps provided by Aram.
    The MAC.cfg file (shown in “Provisioning Link”) isn’t created.

Also what I've noticed is that the device names are equal. A W52P or W56P are named the same, SIP-W52P.
    Before, a W52P Base was called SIP-W52P and a W56P Base was called W52P (without SIP-)

BTW: I think I have found the provisioning template and reading it, but are this all the parameters to be provision?
    I cannot imagine that this is sufficient to program the phone correctly.

What I don’t understand is why the provisioning of the W5xP has to be changed.
    With the introduction of the W56P I've change (customized) the template so it can provision the W52P AND W56P. Just with one template and it work without any issue for 8 months.
    Now it is changed by 3CX and noting work anymore.

Please help make provisioning of the W5xP work again as in the "old" days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

yes we have a bug in the SP4. You can work around this bug like this - just configure 5 lines.
    The bug is when you configure not all 5 lines. If you configure all 5 lines it will work.

7. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for your answer.

After configure all 5 lines the PBX created the MAC.cfg file and I was able to provision the W56P.
    But when reading the cfg file I noticed that there is no difference made in provisioning a W52P or W56P.
    What about the specific parameters used for a W56P, I can't find them in the cfg file.
    Also there are very few parameters used in de cfg file, just enough to use the phone, nothing more.
    Will the template being updated, if so, when?
    Please tell me, what was wrong with the old template?

8. solarthread

I have a similar issue, but our W52P handsets are external to the network and the provisioning link seems to prefill the private IP and not use https for the link

Any ideas?

9. complex1

complex1 Active Member

That’s right.
    In SP4 the method of provisioning is changed and it is no more possible to provision the phones when they are located external or through SBC.
    The release of SP4 is not one step forward, but 10 steps backwards. Let’s say: Back to the 50’s of the previous century.
    The provisioning method of the W52P/W56P sets from scratch is become useless.

10. solarthread

You can set the phone as a T41P and it provisions perfectly Ive just established

11. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Because 3CX has categorized the W52P/W56P as a FXS Gateway now and not anymore as an IP Phone.

DSXDATA likes this.
  12. ifbbmi

Hi all,

I made some testings with the W52P.
    First the template-file can be found on the server at: Templates\fxs\yealink.W52.fxs.xml. You can also add new templates.

If you don't have 5 Extensions you can edit the template file:
    <field name="NumberOfExtensions">5</field> Set it to 1,2,3,4,5...

If you want to use the common cfg-file y000000000025.cfg, then you maybe need to set AllowDownload="true". I didn't test this.
    <deviceconfig filename="y000000000025.cfg" AllowDownload="false">

Fix typo:
    #Enable or disable the phone to check the new configuration weekly; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
    auto_provision.weekly.enalbe = 0

There are some yealink parameters, which were neither be documented in the Yealink_IP_DECT_Phones_Adminstrator_Guide_V80_15.pdf nor in the Yealink IP DECT Phones Description of Configuration Parameters in CFG Files_V80_15.xlsx
    In my opinion they won't work.
    account.X.bHandsetEnable = 1
    account.X.nOutGoinglineId = 2
    account.X.strIncomingLines = 1,2,3,4,5,6
    account.X.strOutgoingLines = 1,2,3,4,5,6

If you edit the template, you need to add the phone again, or maybe restart some service.

All in all it's not better than before.

#12 ifbbmi, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    giwm likes this.
  13. JCarnes

We too are disappointed in the new method of provisioning the W52P. Following the new instructions to get just one W52P provisioned, in the Phones list we now have five "UNPROVISIONED" phones in addition to the same W52P that is also listed as "New". So there are a total of 6 entries in the Phones list for one W52P, and none of them actually even show as being a provisioned phone. It is very much indeed a massive step backwards. At this point I think we're better off manually provisioning these phones.

14. bbr

bbr

Has anyone figured our how to get a w52p to provision now? I t was working fine and then there were updates and now it doesn't.

My setup: Remote 3cx server, this site, SBC and w52p which shows up as new, but will not, no matter what I try, provision.

Frustrated doesn't even come close...

15. randybell

same issue today.. any fix

16. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

These are the steps for provisioning the w52. Also mentioned in the following guide
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/
    The only thing you should have in mind is to populate all the extension slots so that the configuration file can be generated. This is a temporary step that has been fixed for SP5 which is currently in beta.
    These phones for now can only be provisioned as local for now. As mentioned in the guide SBC and STUN support will be added later

17. jayson@brctrucks.com

Glad I found this post so I know I'm not alone haha... but now that I tried filling all extensions... after I reprovision and my W52P reboots, it no longer lets me log in.. Says "username or password is error!" So I reset the W52P, and this time left the username password as default, but after re-provisioning, once again, I can't log in! This is my first phone like this I've tried with 3cx and it's not been as wonderful as I'd hoped =/

18. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jayson@brctrucks.com

Which service pack of V15 are you on? The default template for sp4 does not provision a password to the phone. If you are on beta then the password is configured under the FXS/DECT device "Device Web Page Password". If you are on SP4 but downloaded the templates for SP5 then you need to revert back to the SP4 one

19. jayson@brctrucks.com

I'm pretty positive I'm on sp4 as I remember an update coming through back in maybe December. My dashboard says PRO 15.0.60903.0, but this makes me curious. How do you tell which SP your on now in V15? In license settings the version just says 15.0.0

20. agp

agp 3CX Team

Build 60903 is the SP4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.