Launch 3CXPhone no longer an option in MyPhone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

Since the ugprade to version 11, we can no longer select "Launch 3CXPhone" under the Preferences-->Dialing options from within the 3CX MyPhone application.

I have tested this with three different extensions, reinstalling all components several times. We have not upgraded to SP1 yet, but I plan to try this soon.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know of a fix?

Chris

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

I just tested with v11 and v11+SP1, it`s working, then i uninstalled 3cx phone for windows and get into your situation, i can`t selected launch 3cxPhone. Also in down left corner of myphone there is no ability to selct "launch 3cxphone", only "call desk phone" and "call desk phone using intercom". After that i installed 3cx phone again and everything is working normally again. Try uninstall 3cx phone, then install it again (with default path). Your myphone is behaves as 3cx is not installed on computer.

3. cbongard

Yeah, I thought of that...reinstall 3CX Phone and there was no change.

Just to verify, I tried it one more time. Any other suggestions?

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

I did a fresh install of 3cx to test, I thought that maybe is problem with free/demo license but it works with free version. I installed v11 with integrated SP1, you can try install SP1 and see, don`t have any other idea

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am on v11 - just upgraded to sp1 and have the option for using 3cx Phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cbongard

But your "dial" settings does not allow you to select the 3CX Phone as an option...

7. cbongard

I upgraded to SP1 but STILL had the problem.

I then COMPLETELY removed and reinstalled the 3CX phone and 3CX MyPhone applications, still the same problem.

I even tried on a PC that has NEVER had these applications installed, still the same problem.

I then started playing with some of the settings, and FOUND out why this was not an option. We use "HTTP Provisioning" for the 3CXPhones. If you go to the extension configuration with the management console and change to the "Phone Provisioning tab, I had the "Provision 3CXPhone with Tunnel enabled for remote connections". After I unticked this, restarted both the 3CXPhone and 3CX Myphone apps, the problem was resolved.

I can now, once again, select "Launch 3CXPhone" when dialing numbers through the 3CX MyPhone app, or when using Click to Dial through Outlook.

I confirmed this by closing both apps again, checking the box, starting the 3CXPhone, confirming that it was using tunnel mode (go in to your profile and you should now see the 3CX Tunnel checked again), and then launch 3CX MyPhone...sure enough, I could not select the option again.

I am not sure if this is by design, or a "bug", but thought I would share my findings/resolution!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.