Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Launch 3CXPhone takes long

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by innoforce, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innoforce

Hi,
    I have configured 3CXMyPhone and 3CXPhone on every computer we have.
    Just on one computer I have the following problem:
    If I use "Launch 3CXPhone" it tooks about 30 seconds till the numbers is "transfered / dialed" in 3CXPhone.
    I have tried it with the same extension number on both and with different extension numbers.
    Intercom, Deskphone works normally.

Thank you in Advance!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you do not mention version and/or service pack level.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this is the only computer that is having the issue, then i think it safe to assume that it is something to do with this particular machine. It may be hardware related, or, some other programme is running, that is slowing things down.

You might try running MSCONFIG, and compare the programmes that are starting up, and running, in the background, on this and the other machines. It might be an overly aggressive anti-virus programme.

4. innoforce

Win 7 - 64 Bit
    3CX Phone System v 11.0.27011.11 SP.1

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

is the software for this one machine installed locally or is it still trying running from the webinterface? If you change the extension, does this then change the time? If possible, log showing the call with the issue might be helpful.

6. innoforce

its installed locally.. I will send the log.
    the strange thing is that intercom or deskphone is working normally.

7. innoforce

Attached the LOG.

The call button was hit at about 10:48:20 in 3CXMyPhone (ID: 130) configured "Launch 3CXPhone (ID: 101)".
    As you see in the LOG it is beginning to log only at 10:48.48.

Attached Files:

8. lneblett

Got it.

Now the question becomes what happens during the intervening 20 seconds?

What I can suggest are 2 things:

1. On the system where the MyPhone app is installed and seemingly having the issue, change the extension number to which it is associated. Make it look like one of the other extensions and associated phones that is not having the issue and see what happens. You will need to monitor the other phone though to see if any difference.

2, Check the phone settings of the phone that is normally in use for this MyPhone instance. When you initiate the call from MyPhone, does it immediately start to go off-hook and "make call" or is there a delay. Compare the settings of the two phones and set all but the credentials and other unique settings to be the same. I am wondering if there is a delay in how the phone is actually making the connection, I am thinking perhaps in the time out section maybe one phone is waiting for so many seconds before dialing or even the send/dial key may not be the same.

WHat model of phone?

9. innoforce

thank you very much for the fast answer.
    I will try your suggestions. 3CXPhone v.6.0.25732.0

10. innoforce

I have tried it with another extension number in 3CXPhone, same Config..still not working

Is it possible to configure the time out section??

11. lneblett

Ok, let's be clear....there is the 3cx phone which is a softphone and then there is 3cx MyPhone which is an app that can be used in conjunction with 3cx phone or a hard phone.

I wanted you to change the extension number in the MyPhone app. The intent was to see if by using the extension number of a working scenario we could isolate between the application or to the phone that it (3cx myphone) was controlling.

You started by indicating when I launch 3cx phone, but then indicated the call button was hit in 3cx MyPhone in a subsequent post, so now I am confused about which 3cx module

12. innoforce

- Call is indicated with 3CX Myphone where "Launch 3CXPhone is configured"
    - When I call a number it takes about 15-20 seconds till 3CXPhone starts

13. lneblett

Somewhat of a gap in time,

OK, so if I understand you now, you have MyPhone running and it is configured to launch 3CXPhone when a call is attempted?

I assume that you have since updated your installation to include SP3.
    I assume that you have updated MyPhone accordingly and that it is installed locally (desktop components fully installed) on the same machine as where 3CXPhone is installed.

Are there other phones associated to the same extension?
    is 3CXPhone already running and loaded in the system tray when the dial request is made through MyPhone? If not, I assume that it could take some time for the app to load and then register before the dial attempt could be made.

Once the initial call is attempted and the delay encountered, do subsequent calls follow the same delay?
    If you have the 3CXPhone up and running on the desktop, do calls made directly from it suffer the delay and conversely, while on the desktop does a call initiated from MyPhone at this point have the issue?

Is that local machine resource constrained or have power setting that might impact the ability of the command from being timely executed - disk spin down in a very short manner, NIC cards being turned off, not enough memory, constrained processor, etc.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.