LDAP Database Intergration for user profile creation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by achacko, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achacko

Hi,

we tried to interrelate & import LDAP database to 3cx server and failed . We are looking for following support & clarifications for integrating LDAP with 3CX server application ,

LDAP Server : Clear OS Linux
    Domain XXXXXXXXXX.com
    Anonymous Mode Enabled
    Publish Policy Enabled
    Mode Master

1. Configure LDAP database ( Clear OS - Linux Active directory ) with 3 CX server –support required .
    2. Once its configured , we should able to import all contacts to this application directory ? Pl confirm.
    3. Users will able to login to their 3cx softphone using their LDAP user ID and PASSWORD ? Pl confirm.
    4. User will able to see /search user profiles by suing LDAP user names ? Pl confirm.

regards
    Alex Chacko

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No it does not work like this.
    3CX Phone system will get data from Ldap database, download it and store it inside the company phonebook directory of 3CX.
    3CXPhone Clients will get this data by normally connecting to 3CXPhone System which in turn will get the company phonebook.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. achacko

Hello Nick,

thanks for reply .

i am sure that many of the enterprises will prefer to integrate LDAP /Windows AD databases to have single sign on concept and easy operation for users .

i am sure it will give upper hands for 3CX to be a good solution provider in enterprises network.

pl see and implement if possible.

regards
    Alex Chacko

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It works like I'm telling you..What is the problem exactly?
    1 connection to the database.
    What do you want? 500 ? One for each client if you have 500 users? Since when we are doing this?

In any case, this solution as it is works.. Our solution is MUCH SIMPLER that what you are proposing and more lightweight.
    So get this simple solution working first, and then we can discuss in more serious manner and exhaust what pro's your solution has to offer..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. achacko

i want my users to use their LDAP user name and password to login to 3CX soft phone to achive single sign on concept .

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi achacko

What you are referring to and what you are trying to use are two completely different things. LDAP integration is for Company Phonebook synchronization NOT for Signing in users into 3CXPhone using LDAP. That cannot be done.

Best regards

7. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Sorry Nick and Andreas , but i have read this post .
    Hi have try to manage LDAP DB , but i have see that 3CX not retrive all LDAP data immediatly , but it populated 3CXPhonebook step by step each call incoming into 3CX and it is match with LDAP data ? correct ?

8. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

While SSO sounds nice, 3CX allow admins to see passwords and user configuration files are in plain text.

They would need to encrypt database and related configuration files before any SSO is implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.