In Consideration LDAP Integration also for the Linux Version

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by timmbo, Aug 29, 2017.

In Consideration LDAP Integration also for the Linux Version 4.9 5 25votes
4.9/5, 25 votes

1. timmbo

Hi,

i´m running OPEN-Ldap on my Server and it would be great if i can integreat my Contacts.
    In Windows LDAP is already integrated, but not on the Linux Version, i don´t understand why.

Bye
    Timm

Anis HAMMOUTENE and ITW like this.
  2. cubewerk

+1 for me. Please support this. It's a showstopper for enterprises that do not want to waste a Microsoft license for 3CX.

Kongo likes this.
  3. JacobJ

would be great!

Kongo likes this.
  4. bundzmm

It was be unpleasant surprise for me that 3CX Linux version has no LDAP support. Linux realisation 3CX is better for us for a numbers of reasons. It is ENTERPRISE software but I can not connect LDAP directory, onle Office365 integration. It's sucks. Don't tell me "Use our Windows wersion". What other way I have to import contacts from our LDAP directory? Where 3CX contains this database? Maybe I must import dozens of *.csv files (it's joke, We have thousands of contacts but 3cx CAN IMPORT ONLY 1000 CONTACTS PER 1 CSV FILE).

Kongo likes this.
  5. cubewerk

A workaround could be to import the contacts into postgresql DB manually. Haven't checked this in detail. But i agree this all is just a dirty workaround - hence not supported.

6. JacobJ

After 3CX took over Askozia I hope they will integrate this and some other features from the Linux based pbx. The Askozia guys have a good linux know how. Linux LDAP was a feature of Askozia.

7. Thorben Kaufmann

You are right. And this should be really no problem to implement - even less than on Windows! That is imho a case of strategy if it was not protectionism.

If you need a softworker to fix this gap, 3CX, give me a call and we talk about terms and condition!

8. Benedikt Machens

LDAP integration for the linux version is a must have! Every customer asks for this and nobody of them likes Windows servers
    +1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kongo likes this.
  9. Anas Altunji

10. mmisolution

11. Thorben Kaufmann

Nobody from 3cx watching this thread?

12. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Of course we're watching. What do you want to know?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Anis HAMMOUTENE likes this.
  13. Thorben Kaufmann

Quick response. Thank you for that, Vali.
    Well as kind of everybody using Linux-based 3cx I am highly interested, what was the problem to support LDAP on Linux? And as I mentioned before: I think there would also be a community to support development, what afterwards could be integrated and QA'ed by 3cx.
    It is kind of hard to understand, why particularly 3cx on Linux does not support, what is absolutely well-implemented on Linux. I can see your trouble when we start talking about ODBC on Linux.
    As I have seen in some comments LDAP support is not yet planned to be developed for 3cx-Linux.

To recap:
    - Is that true, there are no plans to support LDAP on 3cx-linux?
    - If so, why is it?
    - And anyway - is there a possibility to support development, because this feature seems to be killer-criteria on many client sites?

How can we help or support progress?

14. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the forum description, is stated - I'm quoting:

"By submitting a feature request it does not mean that your request will be implemented or replied to."

Some topics here are marked by us as "In consideration", "In progress", "Implemented", some has 3 votes, some has 80 votes, some are closed, and so on.

So, bottom line, we are watching/reading these topics and when/if we have some news about it, we'll update the corresponding topic and we'll let those interested know. Therefore, questions like "Nobody from 3cx watching this thread?" are pointless.

Nick Galea likes this.
  15. Thorben Kaufmann

Sorry for the words that you probably misinterpreted. I did not mean this as an attack, but only wanted to know, if somebody of you is listening. And you showed, that you are. Again: thank you for that, Vali.
    So I will rise a flag for "Implementation of LDAP in Linux 3CX" and that`s it, right?
    Problem is anyway, how to tell our customers. They don't understand and we got to do some hacks to kind of import by cronjobs for so long.

Nick Galea likes this.
  16. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are definitely interested in LDAP integration. Currently we only implement features that can work with both Linux and Windows. So this feature makes sense to do. Keep in mind we are already full power and implementing features is not a quick or easy thing. (We always particulary love the comments "Should be easy to do") But i can tell you this feature fits within the 3CX strategy and is cross platform, so yeah its on our radar :)

marcogaida and Benedikt Machens like this.
  17. Thorben Kaufmann

All thumbs up, Nick! And yes, even if I said "easy to do", I know every feature is a rocky long way (SW-Eng since mid 90's).
    So we will be standing near the finish line to throw confetti and cheer you.
    Yours is a statement I can tell my clients! :)

Nick Galea likes this.
  18. marcogaida

It would be very useful for me to have this feature also in the linux version. Hopefully I will see this in a future release.
    Kind regards
    Marco

Nick Galea likes this.
  19. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

20. Anis HAMMOUTENE

It's really great idea ... we are currently struggling without LDAP connector :(